Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Is this still a justifiable homicide defense in Texas?

"He needed killin', Yer Honor".

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can't imagine somebody getting so upset about what has been placed in a dumpster. In any event, when someone is holding a firearm and tells you that he's going to kill you if you approach him, it's downright crazy for one to repeatedly threaten him and his son's life, and then to move towards him.

Back in the old days,..on a few occasions, I've seen people get into fights at the bar I worked at and one combatant would scream in anger that he was going to kill the other. But generally speaking, everybody present knew that it was just an idle threat made in anger. Nothing close to a killing ever took place there.

But when a middle aged fellow holding a firearm tells someone who is throwing a fit that he's going to kill him if he comes toward him,..in a calm, measured voice, you better pay attention.

I could tell from the old fellow's demeanor that he wasn't just talking smack. His decision had been made and he was simply informing his aggressor of what it was.

The loudmouth guy is very bad at reading sign,..and he's dead because of it.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Check out 2:11 and 2:14 when she swings the camera left. Mr. and Mrs. OrangeShirt have somebody else on their side. Maybe that's one of the other folks she mentions in the news report.

So paw and sonny shirtless are also feeling outnumbered at least 3-to-2, which is going to be bearing on their mental state as well once things get hot.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm just trying to recon what the downside was in this interaction. One loudmouth degenerate retard gets smoked in a near peer engagement against two other mouth breathers in the back alley of the trailer park.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ed's not gunna be generating any more 911 calls at 2am for a domestic.

LOL
IC B2

700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
This happened in my home town. The neighbors had never met and this was there first confrontation. The guy who was killed was not armed when they shot him. The dead guys wife threw the baseball bat at the father son team that was armed. So the bat was already out of the picture. So since the guy was no longer armed, personally, I don’t think the shooters were justified. All of them were too damn stupid to just walk a way, IMO. I’m not killing my neighbor over a damn mattress. Both shooters are out on $25K bond. It will go before the grand jury soon, so we will see if they are indicted or no billed. I didn’t know any of the party’s involved, but I do know several of the investigating officers. Local rumors are that our Chief of Police is pushing the DA for prosecution.

Like I said, stupidity by all parties involved imo. .

How's the best way to continue to follow this?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Out around Crane Tx in the fifties, an old Rancher got thrown out of Pinky’s beer joint and unnecessarily roughed up by Pinky. He drove thirty miles to his place, retrieved his 30 30, drove back to the beer joint, walked in and shot Pinky dead.

He was indicted for murder and a jury was seated. The PA was making his opening statement when the Judge scolded the jury...” Y’all hush up talking and let young Phillip here say his piece.”

One of the jury answered,” we done talked this over, Sam, and decided that Somebody was gonna have to kill Pinky and it just happened to be Mr Holloway here...... we ain’t gonna do nothing to him but go ahead and have yourself a trial if you’ve a mind to.”

The PA finished his opening statement. The Defense Counsel did the same.

The PA rested.

The Defense rested.

The jury retired and came back in a short while with a not guilty verdict.

Didn’t even take a full day.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Both rearrested, bond increased to 250K,

On September 1, 2018, the Abilene Police Department began investigating a shooting in the alley behind the 4300 block of Don Juan. It was determined that John Miller and Michael Miller discharged firearms at Aaron Howard after engaging in an argument about the placement of a box spring in the alley, killing him. When the first shots were fired, Aaron had a bat in his hand and was approximately seven feet from John Miller, who was the closest to him. When Michael Miller discharged his shotgun and John Miller fired the final two rounds from his pistol, Aaron Howard was unarmed. Both the Millers admitted to shooting Howard, who died after being transported to Hendrick Medical Center. Aaron Howard’s wife/girlfriend, Kara Box, recorded the incident on her cellphone and Detective Jordan Brown reviewed this video. He believes it is apparent from the video, combined with the interviews of the Millers, that they were tired of their neighbor, Aaron Howard, acting out and yelling and threatening them verbally. They brought out firearms during this argument and both Millers stood in the alley as Aaron Howard got more and more upset. As soon as he raised the bat while approximately seven or more feet away from John, John shot him

https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/fathe...ash-re-arrested-bond-increased-to-250000

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Both shooters re-arrested today by APD and their bonds raised from $25K to $250K after APD Chief and the DA pushed for an insufficient bond hearing. Seriously doubt either be can affect rd to post bail now.

Y’all can follow the story here at our local news website: https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/fathe...ash-re-arrested-bond-increased-to-250000

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/21/18.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Apparently, neither had the ability to remain silent, or took advantage of, if you wish for one and can not afford one, an attorney will be appointed for you. Idiots abound.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy
Apparently, neither had the ability to remain silent, or took advantage of, if you wish for one and can not afford one, an attorney will be appointed for you. Idiots abound.

This story has two kinds of idiots.

Those with guns and dead ones.

*Not counting the woman who is in a class ah by herseff.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Looks like the big guy threw the bat at the old man and then they shot him in response.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah - it blows my mind the white trash involved in that video....

Unreal it came to that. Completely different planet from reality....hope they rot in prison forever and the dead guys wife reconsiders who the hell the type of dude she was married to....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
Yeah - it blows my mind the white trash involved in that video....

Unreal it came to that. Completely different planet from reality....hope they rot in prison forever and the dead guys wife reconsiders who the hell the type of dude she was married to....

Oh she'll be the biggest anti-gun activist you ever saw. Democrats will put her in front of a microphone the next time there's a push for un-Constitutional disarmament of the populace. Mark my words.

LOL
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Junior was fixin' for a fight. Nipple rash on those hairy ta-ta's will do that to a man. Orange shirt was probably mortally wounded after the first shot. Junior felt the need to tune him up some more by racking that broom handle a coupe times. Over penetration of the cranial cavity.

1 dead and 2 others are gonna wear orange shirts for the rest of their natural lives. Honestly, society is better off with these 3 out of circulation. So I'm calling good shoot...for us.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Looks like the big guy threw the bat at the old man and then they shot him in response.

Quote above has the bat still in the deceased mans hand at the first shot.

I’d not be surprised if the dia-beetus twins walk. Wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t either though. I give 60/40 odds of them being home in the alley for next years swim suit season.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep, if a fella has been threating to kill you, then comes at you with a baseball bat in his hand, sounds like a good case for self defence.
His wife's video may be the defences best witness.
Ed is definitely a Darwin award candidate.
Will be interesting to hear how this case ends.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I really do not see a down side anywhere in the case

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
“They brought out firearms during this argument and both Millers stood in the alley as Aaron Howard got more and more upset. As soon as he raised the bat while approximately seven or more feet away from John, John shot him.”

This is result oriented. Seven feet away with a baseball bat is like ¼ second away from death. If you don’t believe me, see what I can do to a coconut 7 feet away from me in ¼ second. And the “seven or more” means the article is written from a certain perspective. It didn’t state “8 feet or less” etc. … Clear suggestion of bias.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2 guns on me and me with a stick of wood?

I would've lived another day to burn their airstream down with them in it

[Linked Image]

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (300_savage, 2ndwind, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 375TN, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 20 invisible), 1,919 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,326
Posts18,505,869
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.