Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Even if programs were available, doubt it'd change the feeling of failure.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by hookeye
Even if programs were available, doubt it'd change the feeling of failure.

That's true also.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lolol....a pissed off perfusionist? Who da thunk it?

If I was a perfusionist I’d kill myself too....What a chitty way to scrounge out a living.....his anger and ignorance all makes perfect sense in light of the new evidence. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I can't imagine what has gone so wrong as to want to die, something has got to be really wrong in the mind to get to that point.

I'm not sure how someone can jump off a building or someplace like Hoover dam. crazy

The few that survived jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge stated that they regretted doing it as soon as their feet left the steel .....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
There more lies told at funerals than deer camp.

In my family those would be lies to somehow whitewash the character of the deceased. My grandmother died a decade or so ago and we had a memorial / celebration of life the following summer. I told my father and aunt that by no means should they force me to speak else what I spoke would be the truth, not the pretty lies. They got the hint. She was a cold, cruel person who found her greatest joy inflicting emotional pain on people who wished to love and respect her. I don't believe she ever took a sober breath after grandpa died in '68. The best times she and I ever had were near the end when dementia took over and she forgot to be cruel. Of course, she started mistaking me for grandpa about then and I heard some things that you don't want to imagine regarding your grandparents ... way way way TMI. smile I could have spoken at my mom's service in '92. I will not paint her as an angel, just as a caring mom who did her best. Not much more you can ask of anyone. And I could have told some pretty funny stories.

My advice .. be the person you want to be remembered as. Live it, don't just talk it, and don't count on others to lie for you.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lose a friend, job/career, kid or wife...............any of those alone, or in combination..............the emotional and financial costs can be huge.
Even a sane person making it through all that crap, can see the writing on the wall.

Only have so much time and money.

Some play congress and kick the can down the road.
Others draw a line and when it's hit............check out.

Not everybody thinks the same way. And just because somebody thinks differently, that doesn't mean they're F'd up or depressed.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Interesting about lies at funerals.
Not been to one like that.

Most have been by preacher, deceased went to that church.
Pretty run of the mill stuff.
Focus on the living, what they need to do.

Been to some where folks spoke..........but the dead folks were actually good people, so some good/funny stories told.
Which is not a bad thing.

Funerals are for the living. It's just a family reunion -1.
If the dead person had a good life...........was a believer.............it shouldn't be that freakin' sad.

Dread going to my mom or my dad's funerals.
There will be some stupid stuff said. Hate having to deal w idiots. Emotional upset should not give them a pass.
Just plant em and move on.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/02/19.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My dad in failing health and talks a lot about his arrangements.
Not a religious person.
Seems way out of context.
Like who gives a flip about a coffin or tombstone.
His brother died 10 yrs or more ago, and he hasn't visited the grave once.
Waste of friggin' $.

Maybe if churchy, a pillar of the community, had a big extended family.............

but not for a handful of folks.

Scam, the funeral industry.

The ol lady's grandparents blew big bucks on fancy caskets and stone...........they had the $ too.
Underground..................who gives a flip about what hardware or wood was used.

It's a box.

Sink it and let everybody have a party.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/02/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I think this is why we see so many troubled youth, think about it. When we were growing up we were happy, encouraged that life was ours for the getting, Sky was the limit, compare that to the message the left has instilled into today’s youth.

Interesting concept to consider.Boomer grew up with the American Dream as the ideal. The idea that we could go further and achieve more than our parents generation. Hard work and industry were the keys. There were was to get ahead and live a good life and make a better one for your kids. By and large, Boomers bought into it and managed as a whole to achieve.

Millennials are fed bunk that there is no way to get ahead unless the gov't helps you and that America sux and is the root of all evil. Makes me wonder how that plays one their psyche.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Millennials have half arsed it and been told they're wonderful.
When they figure out they've bought into the lie............they crumble.

They were lied to, but also lied to themselves.
Cornerstone of character is telling the truth.

Dishonest people are miserable people.

IC B3

B
BangPop Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

If I was a perfusionist I’d kill myself too....What a chitty way to scrounge out a living.....his anger and ignorance all makes perfect sense in light of the new evidence. 😂

This has been a informative and enlightening thread. When you can add something of value you should stop back by.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yeah, trust me, the demons can be the same. Sometimes the demons even contribute to the suicide. Don't judge a life or a marriage.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys but decided to chase strange. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son and wife behind just so he could bang 20 year old strippers. He now has NOTHING to do with his son. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years to screw a 46 year old woman. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

Same feeling with the 'Fire?
with me yes

Agreed, just saying that folks would be pissed at a guy that abandons his child for another chick or decides to suck cock, but he's a hero if abandons his child with a 38 through the temple.

Funny that 'you don't know what demons' doesn't work for infidelity, catching the gay and a lot of other shiet, but 'we're' ok with it when there's a hose pipe through the window.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

When you are suicidally depressed, the mind is a terrible thing.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Some people don’t realize how good life is. They make bad choices that bring on their unhappiness. They blame life for the bad things,so they end their lives to stop all the sorry situations they have created.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hookeye
Millennials have half arsed it and been told they're wonderful.
When they figure out they've bought into the lie............they crumble.

They were lied to, but also lied to themselves.
Cornerstone of character is telling the truth.

Dishonest people are miserable people.

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Calvin
To the OP, at funerals everyone is going to a better place and everyone is a good guy. Funerals don't seem to be a place for the truth.

Yes Calvin, you are correct. I have read with great interest the responses in this thread, including the douche that threatened to rip my f.....ing face off. I empathize with those poor souls who are depressed and are in a bad place in their lives. I have spent my entire professional life helping people make it through, what for most of them, is the greatest risk they will ever experience in their life. I take care of cardiac surgery patients while they are on the life support devices in surgery. It's a weekly thing to see families broken apart by the stress of the potential loss of a loved one or a death. I have seen children at odds with step mothers or fathers fighting to want to treat a hopeless end stage situation when the spouse wants to let the patient pass. I know all about all that chit.
Those of you who have said I don't know what is inside a suicide victims head are right, I don't know. What I do know is that by their action they have escaped their demons and quite possibly burdened those who they left behind with demons of their own. If you would have asked the young fishing guide that I referenced earlier if he would take his 12 year old son down by the river and killed him I'm sure he would have bristled and sad no way in hell. But by doing himself in he has set a precedent and provided and example to the young man of how to escape your problems. Ten or twenty years later the son may be having marital problems and go down to that same river and shoot himself leaving a wife and a couple of kids. And the cycle goes on and on.

Well well can to call me names to my face ?? You want to lump all suicide victims a chickenshit. That's a pretty big lumping without knowing the facts and what was behind the history of that I would trade a little more lightly. You make some very valid points on certain things but the lumping all them victims as chicken s**** is not a very good idea that's a real douchebag idea

You seem like you're a bit mentally unstable. Have you contemplated suicide.
lol your a fool. with all your ranting and writing I bet you're the one that's had a Glock stuck in his mouth why don't you go ahead and finish the job

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

This has been a informative and enlightening thread. When you can add something of value you should stop back by.

I already have but I’d not expect the dumbest person in the operating room to understand it. Your analogy is hollow and your experience is worthless, just like your unthought-out opinion on suicide.....but don’t let your ignorance slow you down champ, it’s obviously been your faithful companion thus far. 😂

I’m sure you can feign more indignance while you play mental tiddlywinks over a topic you’re obviously clueless about. Work up some more false anger and keep painting with the broad brush of ignorance. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a topic you’re obviously clueless about.

He's just looking for answers. Do you have the answer? If so, let him in on the solution.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Heck of a song about the subject

"He lies awake
With saddened eyes
Sleeping babies
Keeping him alive"

Last edited by killerv; 05/02/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We live in a world filled with hurting people. Look at all the anger and hatred in this thread. These are all hurting people who are lashing out from their pain and need answers.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,522
Posts18,472,608
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.