Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

okay I have backed up and reread this very slow a few times I may have taken his original posting wrong I was under the understanding that he was calling anyone who committed suicide a chickenshit. I know nothing of these cases he is speaking of and have no knowledge of them. I know a few people who have committed suicide and we're in no way or form any kind of a chickenshit. A lot of good people will commit suicide when I try to keep too much emotion built up inside and not have a breakdown explosion or otherwise.
having been through a few cases of this a few times I still do not understand it myself we will never fully understand it if a person is serious about getting their self out of this world there is not one thing you will ever do to stop it. the best thing you can do in the aftermath is step in with lots of love understanding and compassion with who is left and you may be the worst son of a b**** on the face of the Earth for a while to someone as they are hurting and do not really mean that they just don't know who to blame it just takes time and you have to understand none of that was anybody's fault but their own person that did that.
if I misunderstood the Opie's original post I do apologize to him for being a bit harsh