Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by Calvin
To the OP, at funerals everyone is going to a better place and everyone is a good guy. Funerals don't seem to be a place for the truth.

Yes Calvin, you are correct. I have read with great interest the responses in this thread, including the douche that threatened to rip my f.....ing face off. I empathize with those poor souls who are depressed and are in a bad place in their lives. I have spent my entire professional life helping people make it through, what for most of them, is the greatest risk they will ever experience in their life. I take care of cardiac surgery patients while they are on the life support devices in surgery. It's a weekly thing to see families broken apart by the stress of the potential loss of a loved one or a death. I have seen children at odds with step mothers or fathers fighting to want to treat a hopeless end stage situation when the spouse wants to let the patient pass. I know all about all that chit.
Those of you who have said I don't know what is inside a suicide victims head are right, I don't know. What I do know is that by their action they have escaped their demons and quite possibly burdened those who they left behind with demons of their own. If you would have asked the young fishing guide that I referenced earlier if he would take his 12 year old son down by the river and killed him I'm sure he would have bristled and sad no way in hell. But by doing himself in he has set a precedent and provided and example to the young man of how to escape your problems. Ten or twenty years later the son may be having marital problems and go down to that same river and shoot himself leaving a wife and a couple of kids. And the cycle goes on and on.

Well well can to call me names to my face ?? You want to lump all suicide victims a chickenshit. That's a pretty big lumping without knowing the facts and what was behind the history of that I would trade a little more lightly. You make some very valid points on certain things but the lumping all them victims as chicken s**** is not a very good idea that's a real douchebag idea

You seem like you're a bit mentally unstable. Have you contemplated suicide.