Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

I can only say that you are clueless to the torments in their mind! There are many reasons, many we cannot fathom, for a person to take his/her own life! You may want to reconsider your position on this! memtb

Yessir!.....great post memtb. When I was younger my opinion on suicide was less “mature” and far less informed, I felt the same way as the OP and just the thought of someone ending this great life and causing such sorrow really angered me. As I got older and as a result of my chosen profession. I saw so much death and sadness, some intentional deaths and others unintentional but the common emotion was always sadness. In some ways that experience assuaged the anger and softened my spirit regarding suicide. When going to work means you ARE going to be a central figure in other people’s nightmares I think it changes how you want to represent humanity. We all cope with profound/chronic stress differently and there’s no “right way”. I chose to be softer and more empathetic while some of my best friends chose to harden themselves. I’m happy with my choice and in the end that’s what matters because we all have to cope with stress but some people have
an inordinate amount of stress that they shoulder.

I pray for those that are hurting AND for those that ended their pain while creating it for loved ones. It’s not for me to judge but it is incumbent on me to help my brother.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~