Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by killerv
I wonder if there is something to it being hereditary. A buddy's grandfather several years back sold him the family farm for a dollar, after that, he went out to find his grandfather hanging from one of the trees a few weeks later. His father killed himself last year. Must be something to live with knowing your grandfather and father committed suicide.

Never had anyone close to me do it, mostly family members you may see once in a blue moon at a reunion or something. Had a good buddy who overdosed a few years back, no note was left so we weren't very sure if it was one or not, he had just gotten a divorce.

Our local BPS seems to be a popular place to do it. Law enforcement told me multiple people have off'd themselves in the parking lot since it opened. I guess they just want to make sure they are found quickly.

A friend of mine killed himself last Feb. His grandfather and father both killed themselves. Another guy I grew up with shot himself and his mom did the same. I do believe whatever causes it can be inherited.

Never heard anyone else talk about it “running in the family” before these posts. Have an old widow neighbor, she just lost her second kid to it. Lost her husband to it. And her late husband lost either a parent or a sibling or both to it too. I was shocked to hear such a story and consider its source in genetics, but then, clinical depression and brain chemistry would certainly have a base in genetics.

Back in HS a kid I knew hung himself. None of us saw it coming as he seemed like a normal happy kid.
What really freaked us all out was finding out he had hung himself in the same spot his older brother had hung himself a few years earlier.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla