Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by comerade
Suicide is awful and I I have experienced it around me.
We are all on this journey through our time, it takes a person to some pretty dark places, the enemy thrives in the dark side. I really believe there is a choice to make, a person must know this. I have empathy for those that never fully accepted Jesus, never leaned on him like a friend and see the awesomeness of him.
The enemy thrives on confusion. Suicide is confusion.
God Bless.

My best friend that committed suicide was on Prozac and something else for depression. I could tell that things were getting worse and made a trip to see his parents in NC. They were both Holly rollers and said we need to pray for Frank. His mother was totally against seeking any outside or having him committed and his dad was to pussy whipped to go against her wishes. Praying didn't work for Frank and just caused me more doubt.

Sorry to hear that, clinical deppression needs all the help it can have, medical and spiritual. As a Catholic I really admire what they can do medically these days.
There is a 3rd vital step, imo....cardiovascular exercise.
Exercise is mind altering, and helps to reorganize the brain. I am speaking from some experience. Sadly, there is no full proof method and a person has to find their own through this. Awful to witness and heartbreaking sometimes.