Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

This is a rather hidebound perspective. And has literally nothing to do with not being a "great guy" or manning-up.

Imagine someone so tormented with hopelessness and despair that it could possibly supplant even love for others.
Imagine those same people suffering such low self-worth they could possibly consider themselves a burden to loved ones.
Yeah, you can't imagine it because you're fortunate enough not to have to deal with such anxieties and mental health issues (unless one considers naïveté a mental health issue).

First, count your blessings, then I might suggest you do some research on mental health and suicide - it may be illuminating for you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D