Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You Obviously are not referring to Cuban Food...

I’d go to Miami with Dad when I was a little kid. I still remember the food. First time I tried flan or plantains. Killer roast pork, rice and beans, shredded beef....

I'm not a fan of Cuban food myself.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Lol. What is that!

Picture seems very Key West.

Key West don't have stray cats but they have hundreds of feral chickens.

So, just replace that cat with a cock in the picture and you'd have Key West.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There ain’t many styles or points of origin who’s food I don’t like.

My azz ought to weigh 300#’s.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Food is more expensive in Florida than in the Midwest, but it is pretty equivalent quality wise I'd say and the seafood is more available. It does rankle me some to pay more for Florida's Natural orange juice about 20 miles from where they make the stuff than we pay for the exact same juice back in Wisconsin. Intra-state trucking costs vs. inter-state trucking cost is how they justify it when I toured their plant and asked. Green Wise choice black Angus tenderloin that we get in Florida is the best that I've ever eaten. Florida pizza sucks though from all the places that we've tried. The marginal tenderloin, but the great pizza in Wisconsin I suspect are both tied to the vibrant diary industry here. Great cheese, but we eat burned out milk cow.

JeffA, tis true that near everyone I know in Florida that can handle a handgun has their CCW permit and down there most of us don't go too far from home without packing something. Thinking folk don't wander around after dark where we live.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see they closed Dirty Ernie's in Ft. Lauderdale a couple of years ago. That's the end of an era for sure. The place for conch chowder and pulled pork sandwiches on bimini bread as well as tons of other good stuff. It was a genuine dive for the first half of its life. For many years they left the bullet holes in the mirror above the bar where some biker had shot it up. The original owner was a die hard anti-government libertarian and the walls were covered with "radical" slogans as well as a butt load of genuine Florida memorabilia. It was sold and the new owner tried to nice it up and make it more touristy which lost half the atmosphere but fortunately they kept the good food, then he sold it in 2017.

RIP Ernie's, another bit of old Florida lost.

[Linked Image]

R Donuts closed in 1990. That was the topless donut shop on Federal Highway just a few blocks from Ernie's.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

My wife enforces the 51/100 rule. The Navy stationed me here and we are equidistant from my family in Miami and hers in Pensacola, even though her dad spends half the year up at their place in the PA mountains. That is probably were we're headed once I retire from my present job.

Might wanna work on your machismo buddy.

Why did you move from Montana to Florida?

Opportunity knocked and I opened the door.

My opportunity will come when I retire next year. I'm selling the house here first, then I'm gone, returning only for funerals and weddings. Gawd I dislike Florida..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Windfall
Food is more expensive in Florida than in the Midwest, but it is pretty equivalent quality wise I'd say and the seafood is more available. It does rankle me some to pay more for Florida's Natural orange juice about 20 miles from where they make the stuff than we pay for the exact same juice back in Wisconsin. Intra-state trucking costs vs. inter-state trucking cost is how they justify it when I toured their plant and asked. Green Wise choice black Angus tenderloin that we get in Florida is the best that I've ever eaten. Florida pizza sucks though from all the places that we've tried. The marginal tenderloin, but the great pizza in Wisconsin I suspect are both tied to the vibrant diary industry here. Great cheese, but we eat burned out milk cow.

Agree on the pizza.

Groceries are the cheapest I've ever seen anywhere.

Eating out is well priced IMO.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You Obviously are not referring to Cuban Food...

I’d go to Miami with Dad when I was a little kid. I still remember the food. First time I tried flan or plantains. Killer roast pork, rice and beans, shredded beef....

I'm not a fan of Cuban food myself.

There is Cuban food and the rest.....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

My opportunity will come when I retire next year. I'm selling the house here first, then I'm gone, returning only for funerals and weddings. Gawd I dislike Florida..

Maybe it just wears on people but we really like it here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's just a matter of taste. I just love the West and most of all the seasonal changes. Spent my entire life here practically and I'm done with the weather. Hurricane-wise, I've been lucky, but wait till the next one hits and you spend weeks without power....I would really like the four corners area out west..

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It's just a matter of taste. I just love the West and most of all the seasonal changes. Spent my entire life here practically and I'm done with the weather. Hurricane-wise, I've been lucky, but wait till the next one hits and you spend weeks without power....I would really like the four corners area out west..

You could always try the Hi-Line?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Hi Line is nice easy country.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Agreed.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where is that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Agreed.

You two are funny...... better be careful, Californians may read this and decide to move

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Florida has some damn good food but 'ya gotta look a bit harder. All the transplants visit the same crap they're used to from wherever they came from, Chili's, O'charlies, etc. Hell, my brother in law wanted to take me to Red Lobster! And he's been down there for nearly 50 years. Just not a foodie I guess.
One of my goals on my many trips there is to seek out the old, original, real deal seafood shacks, wholesalers & such. $3.99 a # for crab legs, $3.50 lobster tails, cooked with drawn butter!

With so much diversity of folks it's a challenge to find the real or old Fl. But its a hell of a treat when you do. I used to say I hated Fl. but realized I hate big cities, heavy traffic & overcrowding, & Fl.has it's share. But those minuses are in every state & it's only getting worse.

Get off the beaten path there sometime. It changed my opinion.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Agreed.

You two are funny...... better be careful, Californians may read this and decide to move

lol I think a couple might've tried it at some point. Then they're vajayjays froze and broke, or dried up and blew away and they moved.

MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

the four corners area is mostly rez land, can you say navajo and hopi.
having said that some of the prettiest country you will ever see is that stretch running from grand junction colorado down to cortez and trinidad.
having said that, keep in mine the above ground nuclear testing in nevada years back and the winds that blew that radiation all over the four corners area. Check "downwinders".
I lost a son and a lot of classmates due to that little booboo.
i was sneaking back into arizona one early morning doing about 90 in my diesel. came over a hill and there was a arizona department of public safety officer to light me up. He asked me what the hurry was and i showed him the front of my truck, where i had hit a deer in a blizzard up by meeker. Said deer was stiff as a board due to the cold in the back of the truck. Said officer said he understood, and that was that, no ticket.
he worked for the arizona highway patrol but lived in colorado. perfect job, his bosses were in phoenix, like half a continent away.
my view of florida was tainted by a little misunderstanding. Right after the raid on libya, i was on a naval base at i think called chicken neck, and was wandering around with a navy guy. i climbed up a gang ladder and was looking into the cockpit of an intruder, when some popo type took offense. When they realized i was not a south american, russian, or liberal all was well. The gun ports on the f14's were still blackened.
hot, way too much humidity, bugs, bugs, bugs.
as t o that area of south colorado/arizona, there are a number of small towns in the delores river canyon that are spectacular. 2am in the morning cruising through the ground fog, and seeing a herd of 50deer or so wandering around in the towndown area.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/16/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

My wife enforces the 51/100 rule. The Navy stationed me here and we are equidistant from my family in Miami and hers in Pensacola, even though her dad spends half the year up at their place in the PA mountains. That is probably were we're headed once I retire from my present job.

Might wanna work on your machismo buddy.

Why did you move from Montana to Florida?

top secret gov stuff.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
Florida has some damn good food but 'ya gotta look a bit harder. All the transplants visit the same crap they're used to from wherever they came from, Chili's, O'charlies, etc. Hell, my brother in law wanted to take me to Red Lobster! And he's been down there for nearly 50 years. Just not a foodie I guess.
One of my goals on my many trips there is to seek out the old, original, real deal seafood shacks, wholesalers & such. $3.99 a # for crab legs, $3.50 lobster tails, cooked with drawn butter!

With so much diversity of folks it's a challenge to find the real or old Fl. But its a hell of a treat when you do. I used to say I hated Fl. but realized I hate big cities, heavy traffic & overcrowding, & Fl.has it's share. But those minuses are in every state & it's only getting worse.

Get off the beaten path there sometime. It changed my opinion.

Florida is full of fantastic restaurants on and off the beaten path. Of course you have to know what Good Food is .

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,855
Posts18,478,502
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.