-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, right, the anonymous "Shillblaster" comes out of nowhere, makes a post as a virgin and then crawls back into the BHA woodwork. You sure you want to revive this thread, sweetness?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SHILLBLASTER
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Aw, after reading this thread (thanks Steelie) I really enjoyed it.
As for Brad's attacks on the Green Decoy's paper, those funding streams are documentable, and no sportsman would ever like what entities like Wilburforce fund otherwise. Go to www.guidestar.org, register (free) and you can download the Form 990 returns which, way in the back of usually hundreds of pages, documents donations made.
Yes, paid PR people at Green Decoys were hired to do the research, and it honestly would be nice to know the funder. But public records show the leanings of this Chernin guy. He's a Bolshevik. Period. And while Rinella can claim he's still got "creative control" the sick reality is, Chernin's group would not invest without some kind of due diligence. Chernin or his advisors really like the shape of Rinella's narrative, and thats why they throw down, just like the funders of BHA like what BHA paid staff say to the public.
I'm glad the Federalist saw fit to look into Chernin's investment. Hope he loses it in the end.

Aren't you a shill for the Timber industry...or are you still pretending to be a journalist.

You always seem to assign a negative motive to anyone who may not have a black and white view of issues. People can align to a common goal with out "strings" being pulled.

BHA does not support sportsmen and there's no denying that

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BuzzH
The one thing for certain, is that even though you think that public land transfer, which is part of the RNC platform, is not an issue...there is no doubt it is. That issue will continue to sway elections across the West. Those that think its "fake" are going to be on the losing end of a lot of elections. Count on it.

Other than a few, sparse mentions of the land issue which are really not that popular among republicans, I don't really see that it's an RNC platform, as you say.

I do see plenty of liberal fearmongering from the likes of you though.

Nacy Pelosi would be proud.

You may as well argue with smokepole's buddy.

Buzz is a raging liberal.

heaven forbid you criticize Obama in front Buzzh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As for Brad's attacks on the Green Decoy's paper, those funding streams are documentable, and no sportsman would ever like what entities like Wilburforce fund otherwise. Go to www.guidestar.org, register (free) and you can download the Form 990 returns which, way in the back of usually hundreds of pages, documents donations made.
Yes, paid PR people at Green Decoys were hired to do the research, and it honestly would be nice to know the funder. But public records show the leanings of this Chernin guy. He's a Bolshevik. Period. And while Rinella can claim he's still got "creative control" the sick reality is, Chernin's group would not invest without some kind of due diligence. Chernin or his advisors really like the shape of Rinella's narrative, and thats why they throw down, just like the funders of BHA like what BHA paid staff say to the public.
I'm glad the Federalist saw fit to look into Chernin's investment. Hope he loses it in the end.

Aren't you a shill for the Timber industry...or are you still pretending to be a journalist.

You always seem to assign a negative motive to anyone who may not have a black and white view of issues. People can align to a common goal with out "strings" being pulled.

Ain't you special!

Such a coward to create a new handle, slander someone and then slide back into your self righteous deniability.

It's the equivalent of a drive by shooting.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Is that you Buzzh?

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by AB2506
Well, I had a lengthy response written, but it seems to have disappeared.

Coles Notes, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers were handpicked as the only "hunting" group to consult with the leftist NDP government of Alberta on the locking up of a huge area called the Bighorn. The Y2Y Initiative is involved, they want no industry or human occupation so animals like grizzly bears can wander freely from Yellowstone to the Yukon, maintaining (they claim) genetic diversity. The NDP say hunting and shooting will be allowed, but they are creating numerous provincial parks etc. And severly limiting access to the region. If you aren't a 25 year old backpacker, you probably can't hack it and access most of the area.

You can know a group by the company they keep. The BHA, by aligning themselves with the NDP, and Y2Y, is not on the side of hunters and shooters, but on the side of elitist backpackers and preservationists. No you cannot use horses etc in most areas.
This has no basis. BHA is solidly a pro hunting group, I have heard no Y2Y talk at all. If I see leftist behavior I will call it out.You only have to pick up and read their publication to see this.
BHA serves a usefully place for the argument to keep public land, public for hunting purposes.
Yup, I am a card carrying Consrvative.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Why would Washington state BHA align themselves with an anti hunting group Conservation NW ?

Conservation NW has lobbied heavily for introduction of grey wolves into Washington, lobbied heavily for a carbon tax and supports radical anti groups like howling for wolves

Conservation NW is run by a self admitted eco terrorist who was a member of earth first for 20 years and spiked trees that injured loggers and caused millions of dollars of property damage .

Originally Posted by comerade

Coles Notes, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers were handpicked as the only "hunting" group to consult with the leftist NDP government of Alberta on the locking up of a huge area called the Bighorn. The Y2Y Initiative is involved, they want no industry or human occupation so animals like grizzly bears can wander freely from Yellowstone to the Yukon, maintaining (they claim) genetic diversity. The NDP say hunting and shooting will be allowed, but they are creating numerous provincial parks etc. And severly limiting access to the region. If you aren't a 25 year old backpacker, you probably can't hack it and access most of the area.

You can know a group by the company they keep. The BHA, by aligning themselves with the NDP, and Y2Y, is not on the side of hunters and shooters, but on the side of elitist backpackers and preservationists. No you cannot use horses etc in most areas.
This has no basis. BHA is solidly a pro hunting group, I have heard no Y2Y talk at all. If I see leftist behavior I will call it out.You only have to pick up and read their publication to see this.
BHA serves a usefully place for the argument to keep public land, public for hunting purposes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Card Carrying Conservatives also gave us the first Assault rifle ban and the unfettered illegal immigration problems we face today.

What else you got?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ribka
Is that you Buzzh?

LOL.

It's sure someone that still has a sore pooter... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No other place like the Fire' . . .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
BHA encourages discussion with all groups. Our chapter)
I have no problem with dialogue, our position is clear.
Attend a meeting and decide for yourself.
Assessing it otherwise will not give a clear view of the BHA objectives. This is not the Sierra club.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Was a member for a few years. Went to few pint nights. Surprised at number of Elmer Fudd types( hunters that support gun control) that were members.

I think RMEF and mule Deer Foundation does much better work.

BHA encourages discussion with all groups. Our chapter)
I have no problem with dialogue, our position is clear.
Attend a meeting and decide for yourself.
Assessing it otherwise will not give a clear view of the BHA objectives. This is not the Sierra club.

S
S
Oh, right, the anonymous "Shillblaster" comes out of nowhere, makes a post as a virgin and then crawls back into the BHA woodwork. You sure you want to revive this thread, sweetness?

You like to tout "following the money," and then make wild assumptions/accusations about people's intentions then politicize everything into left vs. right. I looked into you, working for a timber company front, pretending its not about the money. You might be able to hide from the "confirmation bias" crowd, but not from critical thinkers.

S
S

Ain't you special!

Such a coward to create a new handle, slander someone and then slide back into your self righteous deniability.

It's the equivalent of a drive by shooting.

he likes to call out "strings being pulled," and y'all are happy to listen, but Dave skinner is the real decoy. #reddecoy

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Good info and deserves further research. This is a group that is also supported by Randy Newberg and other public land advocates. I hate getting duped.

mike r

I know Randy Newberg is or was a member on here and I have posted on his forum before but I believe he has advocated for the reintroduction of the buffalo to areas that would seriously fugk up ranching and push ranchers off public land.

The big mistake with hunters is they see public land as their's to hunt. They don't realize that strong arming ranchers and other demographics off public land is only step one.

If I'm wrong about Newberg feel free to unload. Gently...

As long as privately owned bison are livestock this won't happen. Given make the make up of the Montana Legislature (as it is and always will be) and the strength of Montana Stock growers and Dept of Livestock, changing the classification of bison from livestock to wildlife won't ever happen.

I am not nearly as confident. When you have people pushing for bison to be reintroduced as wildlife and some of the tribes throwing in as well, and then throw in east and west coast money, I can see it happening and it will be a huge mistake for those of us in this state.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Timber companies are evil. Have heard that one before at a BHA meeting

You like to tout "following the money," and then make wild assumptions/accusations about people's intentions then politicize everything into left vs. right. I looked into you, working for a timber company front, pretending its not about the money. You might be able to hide from the "confirmation bias" crowd, but not from critical thinkers.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
Pragmatism is hard for many to grasp around here, but here is Steves response.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/f...rr5w0waR_gA9iOtyzsUewrybsrQdwjdyY0G0-uEo

Very nicely read response that totally ignores the primal fact.

A guy that is rabidly anti-gun has a huge stake in meat eater. So 2 things are in play here, I personally have ZERO interest in further enriching the gentleman who hates me and my way of life by supporting meat eater. Second is, if Rinella thinks that the guy who put all that money in won't step up and start imposing his will at some point in time, then he has not been around very many ultra-wealthy people.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by callnum

Put on the readers old timer...

“Congress shall immediately pass universal legislation providing for a timely and orderly mechanism requiring the federal government to convey certain federally controlled public lands to states. We call upon all national and state leaders and representatives to exert their utmost power and influence to urge the transfer of those lands, identified in the review process, to all willing states for the benefit of the states and the nation as a whole. The residents of state and local communities know best how to protect the land where they work and live.”

Ummmmmm, Just what the hell is state land????? It is public land you stupid sh!!tt

Last edited by Tarkio; 07/17/19.

Montana MOFO
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m not even going to begin to read all the BHA/Communist/radical greenie apologetics. The BHA is simply the Sierra Club in drag and BHA members are just useful idiots for the leadership.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka

Timber companies are evil. Have heard that one before at a BHA meeting

Not nearly as bad as mining. According to the BHA if one ounce of copper is mined in northern Minnesota the whole BWCA, Quetico, Voyageurs parks will be destroyed forever. Even Lake Superior will be ruined forever.
Little do these azz hats know is that there were gold and copper mines in what is now the BWCA and Voyageurs years ago when there wasn't any regulations on the mines. They believe that the BWCA is virgin! Heck that whole area was mined and completely logged out in the late 1800's- early 1900's.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1minute, 673, 1_deuce, 29aholic, 6MMWASP, 24 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,087
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.