Originally Posted by AB2506
Well, I had a lengthy response written, but it seems to have disappeared.

Coles Notes, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers were handpicked as the only "hunting" group to consult with the leftist NDP government of Alberta on the locking up of a huge area called the Bighorn. The Y2Y Initiative is involved, they want no industry or human occupation so animals like grizzly bears can wander freely from Yellowstone to the Yukon, maintaining (they claim) genetic diversity. The NDP say hunting and shooting will be allowed, but they are creating numerous provincial parks etc. And severly limiting access to the region. If you aren't a 25 year old backpacker, you probably can't hack it and access most of the area.

You can know a group by the company they keep. The BHA, by aligning themselves with the NDP, and Y2Y, is not on the side of hunters and shooters, but on the side of elitist backpackers and preservationists. No you cannot use horses etc in most areas.
This has no basis. BHA is solidly a pro hunting group, I have heard no Y2Y talk at all. If I see leftist behavior I will call it out.You only have to pick up and read their publication to see this.
BHA serves a usefully place for the argument to keep public land, public for hunting purposes.
Yup, I am a card carrying Consrvative.