Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

The vested interest is like what I think Washington said -- that government closest to the people is best. I'd expand on that and say that citizens should have the most say based on how much they will be affected by the policy chosen. Those with the most to gain, or to lose, should count more than someone who has never, and never will.

Funny how people who proclaim to be conservative or concerned with the state of the USA, really don't like Federalism unless it suits their particular desires at the moment.

I would much rather have the public land under the control of our state government where I at least stand a chance to have a say and have an impact on its management.

So many of these strong, independent tyoes on here are so dependent on THEIR PUBLIC LAND, that they would shrivel up and die without it.

Funny, I cannot recall where it states in the Constitution that the federal government has a responsibility to own land just so these yahoos don't have to be a civil and decent human being in order to traipse all over and shoot what they want.

Montana MOFO