Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BuzzH

Put on the readers old timer...

“Congress shall immediately pass universal legislation providing for a timely and orderly mechanism requiring the federal government to convey certain federally controlled public lands to states. We call upon all national and state leaders and representatives to exert their utmost power and influence to urge the transfer of those lands, identified in the review process, to all willing states for the benefit of the states and the nation as a whole. The residents of state and local communities know best how to protect the land where they work and live.”

Besides being younger than you, when I quote something, I'll post a link so that people can read the entire item, and it's relevance.

Flave is spot on about you you as well.

rockin'

I was interested in seeing the truth of the matter as I, too, had heard it was in the platform. It was, in no uncertain terms.

Not that I'm entirely opposed to the idea of transfer of some lands, but I get very leery of weasly wording like "convey certain federally controlled public lands to the states". No elaborating on which "certain" lands those might be. Would any of us like to see terminology such as that in any party platform in regards to "certain" firearms regulation? "Certain" farming practice regulations? More friggen political language to get what they want without telling "we the people" what it is they want. Remember this little one “But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

In the minds of some of us, wording such as "certain federally controlled lands" sounds suspiciously like "we'll tell you after we get the OK to transfer them".

Here's one of many links I found about the 2016 GOP Platform. This link is from an organization that supports the transfer as far as I can tell, just so you know it's not made up by some greenie organization or HuffPost. And through some searching it appears similar language has been in the party platform for many years.

http://www.americanlandscouncil.org/gop_platform_adopts_transfer_of_public_lands_language

Interesting in that the platform at least seems to attempt to address access for recreational use, but would that access continue on the "certain" transferred lands? Which is the major concern of folks like myself and many many others, some of whom join organizations like BHA.

"These are public lands, and the public should have access to them for appropriate activities like hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting."

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?