Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here ya go. Get the Nissan Frontier with 4 doors. This is my truck, my brother has the 4 door we love these trucks.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toyota V6 TRD, manual if they are still available.

I have had several Toyota 4x4 pickups over the years, a neighbor has the Wife's old Camry, last time I asked he had about 270K on it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here ya go. Get the Nissan Frontier with 4 doors. This is my truck, my brother has the 4 door we love these trucks.

Seems like Nissans are always cheaper than Toyotas. For the price of a 4 cyl 4x4 Tacoma I can get the equivalent in a Nissan with a V6.

But.... I generally hold onto vehicles until the wheels fall off, a 270,000 mile and a 360,000 Corollas currently sitting in my driveway.

Nissans don't have the rep for holding up quite that long.

I will say I have always thought the Nissan XTerra rocked, and would be tempted to buy one if they still made it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not listed for 2019 or 2020,

I have driven manual transmissions my whole life, both my Corollas are stick shifts.

Prob'ly will never own another tho, my '09 Corolla might as well be an automatic because the gas pedal is electronic, which means a computer algorithm mediates between your foot and the engine. Sucks, worst of all the lack of feel between you and the motor means that sometimes it'll stall when starting from a dead stop, sometimes in situations where you absolute don't want it to stall, like pulling out into heavy fast moving traffic.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nissans are cheaper for a reason.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
A good friend of mine went in to buy a Tacoma, but it didn't happen. He's 6'4" and said there was no way for him to fit inside. Too tall.

Not an issue for birdy....

He might need a booster chair and blocks hose clamped on the pedals.
LOL!!!

No worries, the Tacoma was designed and test driven by Japanese cool

laugh

Maybe I oughtta be looking at the Ford Ranger instead....

https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/279975/pick-up-trucks-gain-traction-in-vn.html#mFgOeLlCtEgkKc9m.97

You can buy a F-150 cheaper than you can buy a Ranger.
AND have a much better truck that gets just as good gas mileage. And ride MUCH BETTER. And pull MUCH BETTER.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not listed for 2019 or 2020,

I have driven manual transmissions my whole life, both my Corollas are stick shifts.

Prob'ly will never own another tho, my '09 Corolla might as well be an automatic because the gas pedal is electronic, which means a computer algorithm mediates between your foot and the engine. Sucks, worst of all the lack of feel between you and the motor means that sometimes it'll stall when starting from a dead stop, sometimes in situations where you absolute don't want it to stall, like pulling out into heavy fast moving traffic.

Toyota lists a 6 speed manual for 2019 in at least the TRD.
This is kelly Blue Book.
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/2019-toyota-tacoma-quick-review/2100006047/

Also on the Toyota website, "build your own".

https://www.toyota.com/configurator/build/step/model:engine-drive-transmission/year/2020/series/tacoma/model/7559/exteriorcolor/01G3/interiorcolor/FD17

I didn't look at the 2020 models

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Toyota lists a 6 speed manual for 2019 in at least the TRD.

Same thing in the 2020, I was browsing the lower trim levels (SR and SR5)

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

do a detailed search in these ads.......Tacoma's are big in Utah........

I've bought 3 Taco's from these ads......Fly to SLC & drive it home.....

https://cars.ksl.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Birdie,

My experience - get a truck. I am a few years older than you and in my experience what you will find as you age is that getting down into and up out of a seat of a lower vehicle becomes more of an issue as one ages, it's is not that it can't be done but it is a lot more comfortable to step up into a truck than it is to have to lower and raise your total body weight every time you are getting in or out of a vehicle.

With regular maintenance any new truck is going to be good for as many miles as you plan on putting on it and will more than likely last without issues. I am not in the Tacoma camp though because I am 6'2", 190 lbs and I feel cramped in them and do not like the splayed seating position. Don't get mindset into one particular brand go drive them all and decide from there.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Finally got a good look at almost the exact Tacoma I’d buy, 4wd extended cab with a cap on the back.

I gotta say there ain’t much room at all in that extended cab (ya, I know.... “duh”) and while my 5’7” on a good day self could fit easily, I can see how bigger folks would have problems. All-round visibility (important while bird watching) ain’t that great either (another “duh”).

Outback would fit my lifestyle better.

Plan “C” is to just get another Corolla, with the $10,000 saved I could buy a motorcycle and/or put it towards a trip of a lifetime for me and my son and granddaughter and still have, at least officially, a 1,500lb towing capacity.

Decisions, decisions.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Taco all the way! I've had Taco's and a Tundra, great vehicles! Two guys at work have Subaru's and they are starting to have maintenance issues above 75K.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
A good friend of mine went in to buy a Tacoma, but it didn't happen. He's 6'4" and said there was no way for him to fit inside. Too tall.

Not an issue for birdy....

He might need a booster chair and blocks hose clamped on the pedals.
LOL!!!

No worries, the Tacoma was designed and test driven by Japanese cool

laugh

Maybe I oughtta be looking at the Ford Ranger instead....

https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/279975/pick-up-trucks-gain-traction-in-vn.html#mFgOeLlCtEgkKc9m.97

You can buy a F-150 cheaper than you can buy a Ranger.
AND have a much better truck that gets just as good gas mileage. And ride MUCH BETTER. And pull MUCH BETTER.
And is a much bigger PITA to park/maneuver in tight places and too wide and unmaneuverable on tight offroad trails. Both of my Rangers had over 200k on them when I sold them. They were both still running good and gave me very little grief over the many years and miles I drove them.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,447
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.