Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I think she needs a man; too much time on her hands. A few kids, some laundry, and floors to clean she won’t have to fact check claims made by strangers on the innerwebs to find meaning in life!

Sorry couldn’t help it.

Since our skeletons are all coming out I’ll admit that one of my favorite rifles in my cabinet is a Remington-produced 03-A3.

Phew. Glad I got ahead of that one wink !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, ZING!

I love the adjusted trigger on my 700, never a problem with it but the "YET" part from so many here has me concerned enough. I don' t "need" anything so - a new Trigger Tech is on the way for Christmas from the wife.

The $104 at Midwayusa is worth the peace of mind in a rifle I tend to hand down one day to someone who won't maintain like I do. Cost me an extra $17 to get it in time to act surprised on Christmas.

Merry Christmas my brothers!!!

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by efw
I think she needs a man; too much time on her hands. A few kids, some laundry, and floors to clean she won’t have to fact check claims made by strangers on the innerwebs to find meaning in life!

Sorry couldn’t help it.

Since our skeletons are all coming out I’ll admit that one of my favorite rifles in my cabinet is a Remington-produced 03-A3.

Confession is good for the soul, eh Eric?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
To say that a mechanical device can never fail is avoiding logic.

I've probably bought and sold/traded 50+ Remington Model 700 rifles in my life time, and I've never had a problem. But that doesn't tell me what might happen tomorrow. I currently own 14 Model 700 rifles (some came with old factory triggers, and some came with newer factory triggers) and I've replaced a few (6, IIRC) of the triggers with Timney triggers for better performance, but they too are a mechanical device that could fail under the right circumstances which no one can predict in advance.

The only safe mode for any make of rifle - and triggers have and will fail on all of them - is muzzle control.

In my lifetime I've actually known of two trigger failures. One was on a Ruger 77 tang safety rifle and the other was on a Winchester Model 70. Both had been adjusted by their owner (not me) so possible pilot error was to blame? Tomorrow I might have another experience added to those two. Who knows?

At the present time there seems to be an issue with several Savage Axis triggers failing while a shooter was trying to remove a live round from the chamber. I've seen it posted on the internet but I haven't seen any confirmation from Savage, etc., and it could be pilot error.

Be safe out there.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like the FAA conclusion on every airplane accident. wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Again, the triggers are a simple mechanism and any potential problems are easily identified if the person doin' the lookin' has any sort of clue. Truth is, most don't have; a clue, that is. GD

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw

Sorry couldn’t help it.

Methinks the sock puppet sports a penis....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are 2 groups of sportsmen:
1. those who don't believe the Remington trigger has a problem. They've never had one fire.
2. those who have had one misbehave.

Those in group 1 will readily convert to group 2 when one of their rifles does misbehave.

Don’t forget group 3... those who’ve never owned a Remington rifle in their lives and don’t intend to start now...

Present.///

What a lying POS you are.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-response-to-cnbc-under-fire#Post6205710

[
You guys are wasting your time by providing not only facts but personal experiences with the 700 aficionados. Whilst the chances are extremely slim of an AD and or the rest of the 700's shortcomings, you'll just be labeled a Remington hater. I own ONE 700, a 22-250 heavy barrel SS varmint rifle. Superbly accurate, but I use it exclusively on ground hogs from a fixed position and as a single shot mostly. jorge

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-your-biggest-disappointment#Post6150942

Remington 700 Classic in 35 Wheelen. Waited for it a long time. When it came the lug channels were overcut and the bolt would hang up as it "overotated", jammed and could not be retracted. And that is before I learned about all the other crap about glued bolt handles, fail on fire safeties and sheet metal extractors.

Yes and it stays up in PA. A few guys form the Campfire have shot it and in reality, even though it was purchased by me, I gave it to my FIL, but yes, you got me on the "never". i guessed it should have been "never again". Feel better now, honey or perhaps a Midol would help?

Never paid for it. It stayed in the store, so I never owned it.

You should stick to making coffee and sandwiches....

So you've owned them but state you never have. That's what we call a LIAR.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by efw

Sorry couldn’t help it.

So you're good with LIARS? You MUST be a Christian.

Whorehay called out and quoted Jeffo Nonstop about the number of deer he said he killed, but those lies are bad. Whorehays lies are good

Point is, he's a lying POS, and does so to somehow make himself look GRAND.

In the meantime, you're projecting

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the bourbon you had with your breakfast has given you some courage, but nice try, Scott. What's the matter idiot, you got run out of this place and now, like the gutless wonder you are, come back with your garbage again? Whorehay? that's original. Go and crawl back into your cheap bottle of bourbon, you miserable loser.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have read through this thread and have three Rem 700 two of which have gunsmith adjusted triggers and one with a Timney Elite Hunter. So far no AD's. I have a customer that had his son die in his arms because of this. No he was not pointing his rifle in his sons direction. His son had come back outside while he was unloading his rifle in his pickup and did not know he was anywhere around. The rifle went off as he put a round in the chamber to be ejected went through the cab hit his son in the chest. He will live with that the rest of his life. This happened several years ago and he is doing ok. He has two young sons now and it seems to have helped him mentally and emotionally. This is the real eye opener to the Remington trigger.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I replaced mine with a timney. I dont know whether the rem triggers are dangerous or not. Its non issue for me.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are 2 groups of sportsmen:
1. those who don't believe the Remington trigger has a problem. They've never had one fire.
2. those who have had one misbehave.

Those in group 1 will readily convert to group 2 when one of their rifles does misbehave.

Don’t forget group 3... those who’ve never owned a Remington rifle in their lives and don’t intend to start now...

Present.///

What a lying POS you are.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-response-to-cnbc-under-fire#Post6205710

[
You guys are wasting your time by providing not only facts but personal experiences with the 700 aficionados. Whilst the chances are extremely slim of an AD and or the rest of the 700's shortcomings, you'll just be labeled a Remington hater. I own ONE 700, a 22-250 heavy barrel SS varmint rifle. Superbly accurate, but I use it exclusively on ground hogs from a fixed position and as a single shot mostly. jorge

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-your-biggest-disappointment#Post6150942

Remington 700 Classic in 35 Wheelen. Waited for it a long time. When it came the lug channels were overcut and the bolt would hang up as it "overotated", jammed and could not be retracted. And that is before I learned about all the other crap about glued bolt handles, fail on fire safeties and sheet metal extractors.

Yes and it stays up in PA. A few guys form the Campfire have shot it and in reality, even though it was purchased by me, I gave it to my FIL, but yes, you got me on the "never". i guessed it should have been "never again". Feel better now, honey or perhaps a Midol would help?

Never paid for it. It stayed in the store, so I never owned it.

You should stick to making coffee and sandwiches....

So you've owned them but state you never have. That's what we call a LIAR.

Look, you semi-literate alcoholic, the 22-250 I purchased with my FFL when I had one, and GAVE to my FIL and the 35 Wheelen Classic NEVER LEFT THE STORE. I know your education is limited, but do try and keep up, at least when sober...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
One of my varmint rigs is a 700 223 VS that has a Neal Jones worked over trigger set at .5lbs. I can get it to fire by slamming the saftey forward, but it has had half the material removed from its sears and has very little engagement. Being cognizant of this I treat it accordingly.
As for enclosed triggers. Guys love to wax eloquently about how great mauser and model 70 triggers are. They both feel like shidt. Even when tuned by a competant smith. My main hunting rifle, a model 70 in 300 rum has been wearing Jewell trigger, installed and tuned by Redneck to 1lb. I cant recall exactly how long I have owned the gun, but its somewhere north of 15 years. During that time It has been on all kinds of rough hunts. Boat hunts in nw ontario, snowy hunts in upper MI, horseback hunts in the mountains, wet wether, dusty conditions, blizzards, etc. It has never failed and the only thing I do with it is flush it out with Ronosonal once a year per Arnold Jewell's reccomendations.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/25/19.
TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lightman
I also own several Remington 700's and I have adjusted most of them with no problems. Until a couple of years ago. One of mine went off when I released the safety. It was pretty cold out but I was not wearing gloves. I'm pretty sure that I didn't touch the trigger. Mine was pretty dirty, as I had just returned from a hunting trip in Wyoming. It had a pretty good load of red dust in it, like everything else that I took on that trip!
Anyway, all of my 700's have Jewell triggers now.

+1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I see the bourbon you had with your breakfast has given you some courage, but nice try, Scott. What's the matter idiot, you got run out of this place and now, like the gutless wonder you are, come back with your garbage again? Whorehay? that's original. Go and crawl back into your cheap bottle of bourbon, you miserable loser.

You're a liar and a BLOWHARD POS. Always have been, always will be. Keep trying to deflect that fact that you are a LIAR.

Now go brag on something you've never actually done yourself or had to pay someone else to do. Laughing. On the plus side you're getting long in the tooth so we'll have another 'somber' time on the Fire again..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure has Hell,

SteelHead, same hatred, same issues.

Christmas Morning and wishing death on someone.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I remember when Remington told owners not to fool with seal on screws on Walker Trigger. I have had two unintended discharges from Remington's. Both had Bubba adjusted triggers. If finally learned to look in the window of the housing to see if Bubba had been at it. One of the rifles involved in the law suits looks like a found relic from the Civil War.

I sent my SPS in for the trigger swap. This was for my own protection not to be responsible for any accident related to an unintentional discharges. However, fatal accidents happen when the rifle is pointed at somebody.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Kenjs1 I looked at Midway after you mentioned the price and Santa ordered me a TriggerTech Special for $144.99 . Plan on installing it on one of my 700’s and if I like getting one for my other one as well as my daughters. Do the TriggerTechs come set for a certain poundage?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbrown
Kenjs1 I looked at Midway after you mentioned the price and Santa ordered me a TriggerTech Special for $144.99 . Plan on installing it on one of my 700’s and if I like getting one for my other one as well as my daughters. Do the TriggerTechs come set for a certain poundage?

No, not set per poundage.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 31 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.