GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Bristoe
L.A. and San Francisco is a petri dish just waiting for a pandemic to appear. There will be a big enough exodus then.

Then you have nothing to worry about, but if you really knew anything about CA, you would know prop 13 repeal will do that long before your mythical pandemic.

You are assuming the repeal of prop 13 will still make real estate a viable investment.... hint, if they do that it will be to late to get out

My house is paid for, and they will try to pass it on buisness first. My hope is that so many businesses will leave, they will reinstate it.

Barkoff you are a good guy and not part of the problem, same for Sal. but the place is going to hell in a hand basket around you and at some point getting out will be painful financially if not impossible.

Friend, we live here, we know, but some of us value family more than politics.
I’m 60, if I’m lucky I’ll get 25 more, is it really so hard to understand that I want to live around my kids and two grandkids? I should let liberals and thin skin rob me of that?
As Joe Biden would say, come on man!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by deflave
Schit hole.

Some places are, others are blow your mind awesome.

Even Californians want out of California.

Won't argue. I'm divorced as of the 8th. All due to the fact that ex would not countenance a move out of state until she wanted to retire. Figure about the time I'm unable to do a damned thing outdoors. I'm here for another 7+ years, until the youngest graduates HS. Then I'm gone. I won't be a spring chicken, but the heck if I'll die here. In his way, Salmonella is both inspirational, and a cautionary tale.

But the reason we want out isn't because of the physical state of the state. It's because of California's political state. And it's coming to every state where the urban population significantly outnumbers the rural population. But don't believe us, though it's not like Californians haven't been saying this, on this forum for just about 20 years. Believe Colorado. Believe Virginia. Heck, within a decade - believe Texas...

Scott This has happened because an earlier SCOTUS change the rules prior to the change State Senators were elected one to a county and not on population thus we had checks and balance which SCOTUS took away, and now you see the results. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 01/12/20.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pension liabilities will demand they repeal prop13, the final nail in the coffin....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pension liabilities will demand they repeal prop13, the final nail in the coffin....

Could be, then I might not have a choice but to leave.

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
CA is a huge state so different areas have different problems. I moved to CA in the early 1980's from Michigan where I had great hunting and fishing. A lot less people and regulations at the time I moved here. I live 60 miles east of LA in a little horse town with horse trails in front of and in back of all the properties.
The traffic lines running down the main street of town are painted red,white, and blue and kids at school could participate in future farmers of america classes. Great place to raise kids.
Two shooting ranges that are still there 20 minutes from my house.

However things have changed. The illegal problem has gotten worse and so has the drug and homeless problem. The LEO's have there hands tied and can't do anything about it as its a sanctuary state.
Gun laws get stupider all the time, they want to raise the gas tax again, and Newsom is an idiot. I've already signed the petition to remove him.
I'm only here because I've got a good job and I'll probably retire this year. My kids live in the Sacramento area so I want to move either to Reno or Tahoe but my girlfriend doesn't like Reno.

So to answer the original question. If you live in the big cities other than San Diego its a mess. The smaller towns are better but you still have the taxes and the Dem's running the state.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

For every fed up decent Californian moving out, there are ten southeast Asians lined up to take their place. Three out of ten make more money than the native born. Demand for coveted housing keeps the prices up.

My coworker from China visiting SF and said it didn't even seem like an American city. He said he could speak Chinese the entire time if he had wanted to.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you lived in Cal in 1989 when the assault weapons ban was passed and that didn't convince you to get the hell outta there, it makes it easy to see why your still there.
Oh, and it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better if ever.

When will enough be enough?

Last edited by 700LH; 01/12/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
CA is a huge state so different areas have different problems. I moved to CA in the early 1980's from Michigan where I had great hunting and fishing. A lot less people and regulations at the time I moved here. I live 60 miles east of LA in a little horse town with horse trails in front of and in back of all the properties.
The traffic lines running down the main street of town are painted red,white, and blue and kids at school could participate in future farmers of america classes. Great place to raise kids.

However things have changed. The illegal problem has gotten worse and so has the drug and homeless problem. The LEO's have there hands tied and can't do anything about it as its a sanctuary state.
Gun laws get stupider all the time, they want to raise the gas tax again, and Newsom is an idiot. I've already signed the petition to remove him.
I'm only here because I've got a good job and I'll probably retire this year. My kids live in the Sacramento area so I want to move either to Reno or Tahoe but my girlfriend doesn't like Reno.

So to answer the original question. If you live in the big cities other than San Diego its a mess. The smaller towns are better but you still have the taxes and the Dem's running the state.

Split the difference, Minden or Genoa, the Carson Valley is beautiful, 30 min to Reno, 30 minutes to Tahoe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
If you lived in Cal in 1989 when the assault weapons ban was passed and that didn't convince you to get the hell outta there, it makes it easy to see why your still there.

Ya, we know, you cut and ran, and for some reason those who haven't seem to really piss you off.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Ya, we know, you cut and ran, and for some reason those who haven't seem to really piss you off.

Hell no! Stay for Pete's sake, please stay, enjoy the damn place it is beautiful, just all of ya stop bytching when they pass another outrageous law, then when someone says anything demeaning about it sticking up for it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Lower crime rate here than Colorado Springs...

Phil

Another misrepresentation ( lie) from Phil.

A Kalifornia liberal who habitually lies. Shocked

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
After you Californian's master Spanish, best move on to Mandarin.

Good Luck!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter

Let me be your cautionary tale: Move where you want. Girlfriend will either realize what's what, or you get a new girlfriend when you get there. There's no kids involved, I take it? If so, then disregard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by add
After you Californian's master Spanish, best move on to Mandarin.

Good Luck!

¡Claro que sí señor!

已经做完了!

(Maternal side of family is mostly Scots-English, by way of Chile. Ex is bona fide Chinese)

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I can’t figure out is why so many non-Californians care why we are here, worry about your own states, it’s coming your way just like it did us.

Why do you guys stay?
Don’t come here.

Because a lot of Americans understand the judicial process and understand that the stupidity that you and your ilk allow causes problems like the 9th District...

This should win some kind of prize. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
What I can’t figure out is why so many non-Californians care why we are here, worry about your own states, it’s coming your way just like it did us.

Why do you guys stay?
Don’t come here.

Because a lot of Americans understand the judicial process and understand that the stupidity that you and your ilk allow causes problems like the 9th District...

This should win some kind of prize. smile

I'm still trying to understand who my ilk are?

I'm having a major identity crisis here tonight, half the people tell me I should move away from my family, others now blame me and my ilk for the 9th circuit.
I can only hope most of you croak off before liberalism engulfs your state, cuz I really don't think you are going to be able to cope. Sooner or later you are going to run out of places to run to, then maybe you'll understand this is a battle for the nation, not individual states.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I'd still rather hunt big blacktail deer than Iguanas...🤣

You say that as if you have a choice in the matter.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fester
It’s ok flave.
I understand.
This shi t hole is amazing fu ck face.
Not sure wtf your talking about

We were discussing California and how it is a huge schit hole.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smarquez
There is a movement to recall Newsome and it is strong. There are announcements of petition signings every week on social media. These are in very public places like shopping centers and churches. I saw a video from a nearby church that looked like they were giving out free TVs. It wasn't on their usual Sunday service either. I have a friend that sits in in his garage with petitions and he says he is doing well. It really is grass roots. I really believe it can happen. Even some previous liberals are questioning the free chit for everyone and raise taxes policies in effect. There is no other way to get this idiots under control short of tar and feathering them.

Other than that...I went dirtbike riding Friday and my wife went for a little trail ride. It was a beautiful day. One of my riding buddies had a picture his daughter sent from Omaha last week. It was dark gray and there was snow all over the ground. I knew nobody in Nebraska was enjoying their day outside on Friday. I almost felt ashamed living where I do.

This is the same state that voted to retain their insane gas tax. So good luck.

Kudos however on pointing out one of the few good things about CA. Weather and the riding opportunities.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,095
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.