Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
I do not trust a single fugging cop. I come from 5 generations of LEOs and judges. I have heard so much beer talk about crap they pulled while "serving the community" they should all be held to the standard we non LEO arw!!

Where did your relatives work?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart

NYS is crawling with state troopers too. Is it any wonder our taxes are so friggin high ?

You think your taxes are high because of law enforcement?

LOL.

You really are stupid.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Pretty Mickey Mouse Lieghton when compared to no-knock warrants in Houston

Who signs those?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Major San Francisco city Department head was arrested this week by the FBI on bribery and corruption charges.

I think the Feds are finally going after democratic strongholds and the apparatchiks that keep them going.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by catch_22
I have a few LEO friends......so I know what they do and what some are capable of doing. By the same token, I wouldn't do their job for what little most are paid.
Give me a break. State troopers here START at 102K a year. That's about 3 times what a roofer makes in this area and roofing is more dangerous and harder work than being a cop.

I don't know what agencies catch_22's LEO friends work for, but starting pay for many agencies is not anywhere near what NY State Troopers get.

Agency up the road from here, over the OR border runs ads every year. Starting pay is in the $36-38 K range per year. Not sure what it is in my county, but given it's Cali I'd bet it's in the $45K range. Not much considering I made that and more doing way less dangerous jobs that I didn't have to deal with the asshats of the world in.

Still, even at $36K a year, ethics is ethics and stealin' be stealin'

Geno
NYS is crawling with state troopers too. Is it any wonder our taxes are so friggin high ?

https://www.seethroughny.net/payrolls

https://www.seethroughny.net/pensions

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave

You think your taxes are high because of law enforcement?

LOL.

You really are stupid.
I realize there are many reasons ass hole.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
We always focus upon the last phrase of the saying and forget the first, “power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You wouldn't know a sandbag from a di-ldo you trailer dwelling fugk.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Teachers in Chicago get nice pensions!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If I ever want to rob a bank, or commit some other big crime in Alabama, I'm going to do it during the Auburn/Crimson Tide football game. Virtually every cop in that part of the state is at the stadium- - - -guarding one coach or the other!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Overtime fraud is as common as dirt.

Sam......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You wouldn't know a sandbag from a di-ldo you trailer dwelling fugk.
The dil-do would be that long black thing you shove in your ass every night.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by efw
We always focus upon the last phrase of the saying and forget the first, “power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely”

Good quote, add "people get the govt. they deserve". Elected officials supervise your cops. If I lived in New York or Ma. I would select other things to worry about than the cops. Some places actually respect their 1st responders, others have to recruit from out of state. Anyone who chooses to live in a community in which the cops are feared deserves what they get. Cops frequently live in the community that they serve, if it is worthy.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I live in the land of Boss Hogg, Roscoe and civil forfeiture.

I don’t trust any of them, I avoid all encounters with LEO if possible. I don’t run around with a busted tail light or act like a sovereign citizen jackass when unplanned encounters do occur.

Only LEO I will speak or engage with it is a regional capt in wildlife division that I know personally.
Agreed. I know quite a few around here, but I still avoid ALL encounters with them.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I want to see an expose on all the people cheated by contractors, plumbers, electricians, salesmen, mechanics, etc! One emergency call to a plumber is probably a lifetime’s worth of tax contributions to your local first responders!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I just saw that the entire graduating class of Georgia troopers were fired for cheating on their academy exams. 32 bad apples right out of the gate. 32 liars and cheats that would’ve been protected by the badge and the thin blue line.

YOu must be mistaken. They are believers and even Republicans down there in GA

Must be a mistake

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by efw

Good quote, add "people get the govt. they deserve". Elected officials supervise your cops. If I lived in New York or Ma. I would select other things to worry about than the cops. Some places actually respect their 1st responders, others have to recruit from out of state. Anyone who chooses to live in a community in which the cops are feared deserves what they get. Cops frequently live in the community that they serve, if it is worthy.

mike r

Sounds like something Steelhead was fond of saying. wink So, I vote conservative and R across the board yet I and every other who shares my values deserve those who've been entrusted to 'protect and serve' and uphold the law prove themselves to be cheats and thieves and liars? Yes, like every other state we have endless things about our state that need fixing. Here more than most places that's a fact, but where you get to alluding to our citizenry not respecting our first responders I've no idea.

Frankly, my good man, IMNSHO that's a load of nonsense. Your opinions usually come across to this reader as well thought out and intelligently put, but you missed the mark on this one, as that's a hell of a leap, going from crooked cops as what exactly now, a result of them being disrespected by those they serve? Seriously? So, if I'm following you, the State Troopers as a kind of revenge for being generally disrespected by the public decided to defraud, lie and steal from the public en masse? C'mon, man. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we?

Demographics

As of June 2000, the Massachusetts State Police had the following demographics:[26]

Male: 91%
Female: 9%
White: 89%
African-American/Black: 11%
The MSP is one of the few State Police Departments in the US where the percentage of African American officers (11%) is significantly greater than that of the state population (6.97%).

Compensation[edit]
As of 2017, the Massachusetts State Police average pay for a state trooper was $145,413, with three troopers earning over $300,000, and 245 troopers (12% of the workforce) earning over $200,000. A trooper's base pay is augmented by working multiple details, directing traffic, overtime shifts, or providing security at special events.[27]

Former Massachusetts inspector general Greg Sullivan criticized state police overtime as excessive, pointing out an unusual number of troopers who earned more in 2017 than the governor of the state. He cited the use of state police instead of civilian employees to direct traffic at construction details and Logan Airport as examples of wasteful spending. Sullivan that the reason overtime pay is so large is that the officers who make overtime assignments also partake of the benefits of overtime, leaving no incentive to reduce the practice.[28] In 2017, 24 troopers earned more than $100,000 in overtime, and 20 in Troop F earned more than $250,000, a fact which was not revealed until missing payroll records were noticed by the Boston Globe.[29]

Perks and extra benefits[edit]
Along with their base salary and overtime, troopers have other benefits to include:

Troopers receive hazard bonus pay of $700 annually.
Troopers who commute more than 75 miles or more miles in one way from home receive $75 each week.
State police employees who work in civilian clothing for 10 days or more each calendar month receive a stipend of $62.50 per month.
State police employees who work a five-day workweek are compensated an extra 17 days off per year. This time off is to align with employees who work four days on duty, then get two days off.[30]

Controversies[edit]
State Police Academy Dangerous Hazing Scandal[edit]
In September 2005, an investigation was begun after allegations of illegal hazing at the State Police Training Academy were brought to light. During the investigation, it was learned that 43 different recruits from the 78th troop had been hospitalized between July and September for a variety of injuries. Aside from the medical issues, the investigation found multiple incidents of prohibited hazing by instructors and staff, including forcing recruits to wear other recruits soiled underwear on their heads, instructors waterboarding recruits by holding their heads underwater in a toilet bowl, and refusing to allow recruits to use bathrooms when needed. As a result of the investigation three officers were removed from their positions, including the Academy Commandant, Lt. Richard Lane of Sterling, MA. Other demoted instructors included Troopers Eric Baldwin and Paul Weinshenk. A six-month independent review, headed by former Essex District Attorney Kevin M. Burke found that under Lt. Lane's tenure, academy leadership had been beset by "confusion, inadequate communications and poor oversight of training operations." As a result, the report said, the academy training staff itself is plagued by "role conflict, confusion, uncertainty and ineffective communications." The recruit training program was effectively shut down, with the next class not graduating until 2012.

Sgt. Brian O'Hare scandal[edit]
In February 2006, a respected state police sergeant, Brian O'Hare, was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation after soliciting what he thought was an underage boy for sex, who was actually an undercover FBI Agent.[31] O'Hare was discharged from the state police and subsequently sentenced to 5 years in federal prison.[32]

Allegations of internal racial discrimination[edit]
In March 2017 the Boston Globe reported on allegations of discrimination within the State Police against minority state troopers.[33]

Alli Bibaud scandal[edit]
In October 2017, a state police arrest report of a judge's daughter, Alli Bibaud, was changed to remove an embarrassing and incriminating statement ("Do You Know How Many People I Had To Blow To Get That,") concerning how she obtained the heroin she allegedly possessed.[34][35] An online blog, listing "many" troopers as sources, allege that the report was changed due to Dudley District Court Judge Tim Bibaud calling District Attorney Joseph Early and Colonel Richard McKeon, who in turn directed Major Susan Anderson to have the statement removed.[36] On November 7, 2017, the trooper who was ordered to change his report, Ryan Sceviour, sued the leadership of the state police for reversal of the discipline he received for including the embarrassing and incriminating statements in his report, as well as an official apology, lawyers fees, and punitive damages.[37][38] On November 11, 2017, Colonel Richard McKeon retired in the midst of the scandal.[39]

Leigha Genduso scandal[edit]
In February 2018, an online news blog, Turtleboysports.com, broke a story that Trooper Leigha Genduso, who was assigned to the K-9 unit, was hired by the state police in spite of testifying during grand jury proceedings targeting her former boyfriend, before her hire as first a civilian dispatcher and then state trooper, that she smoked marijuana daily, sold marijuana in amounts up to 10 pounds at a time, took various other prescription drugs not prescribed to her, and laundered money from her former boyfriend's drug profits.[40] There was also information from "many sources" that Genduso's boyfriend at the time of her hire, then-Major (eventually Lieutenant Colonel) Daniel Risteen, used his influence to gain her favorable treatment and highly desirable assignments usually only offered to troopers with many years seniority.[40]

On February 23, 2018, Lieutenant Colonel Risteen abruptly retired from the state police.[41]

On Friday, August 24, 2018 Leigha Genduso resigned from the Massachusetts State Police.[42]

Overtime theft probe[edit]
On March 20, 2018, Attorney General Maura Healey announced that her office was reviewing the "apparent discrepancies between overtime paid and actual patrols worked," by 21 state troopers of the Troop E division. Of the 21 state troopers, 19 are active, one retired last year, and another, Trooper Matthew Sheehan, was already suspended due to racist messages he posted online. Colonel Kerry Gilpin addressed the media and said one of the alleged offenders put in for as many as 100 no-show shifts during 2016.[43]

On April 2, 2018, Governor Baker announced the elimination of Troop E due to the ongoing overtime investigation that found dozens of active and former troopers allegedly putting in for overtime shifts for which they did not work. State Police Colonel Kerry Gilpin also announced that location of State Police cruisers will be tracked by Global Positioning System (GPS) technology known as automatic vehicle Locator technology, and the state police will also develop a body camera program.[44]

On June 27, 2018, the Federal Bureau of Investigation agents arrested three Massachusetts state troopers for allegedly stealing thousands of dollars for overtime work they didn't complete in calendar year 2016. The troopers allegedly took steps to conceal their fraud by altering tickets written to make it look like the citations were issued during claimed overtime shifts. Sometimes tickets submitted by the officers were fictitious or never actually issued to known motorists. Each of the three officers were charged with a single embezzlement count.[45]

Hidden payroll data[edit]

On March 26, 2018. the Boston Globe reported that payroll records for the 140-trooper Massachusetts State Police Troop F, which provides law enforcement and security for all properties of the Massachusetts Port Authority, have been hidden from public view and weren't filed with the state comptroller for several years. Almost 80 percent of the troopers assigned to Troop F earned more than the Governor of Massachusetts, Charlie Baker. Pay for the trooper comes from the Massachusetts Port Authority, but the police troopers are employees of the Massachusetts State Police and operations are overseen by commanders of the State Police.[46]

After the Boston Globe report came out, Governor Baker said that the act of not disclosing years of payroll records for Troop F of the State Police was "clearly deliberate," and state Comptroller Thomas Shack demanded to know if other state agencies were failing to reveal other payroll records.[47]

On March 30, 2018, the Globe reported a Troop F detective, Lieutenant earned more than $300,000 each year between 2015 and 2017. The Lieutenant was the highest paid employee of the Massachusetts State Police for the years 2014 - 2016.[48]

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
P.S. I never said that generally cops here were feared. Not a lot to fear from a Statie who's running a speed trap on the Pike from his hammock on some beach in FL...

wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I just saw that the entire graduating class of Georgia troopers were fired for cheating on their academy exams. 32 bad apples right out of the gate. 32 liars and cheats that would’ve been protected by the badge and the thin blue line.

YOu must be mistaken. They are believers and even Republicans down there in GA

Must be a mistake

Yep,

good Southern Baptists down there I heard. All over the place.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

They earn it.

Likely so in that area.

Hey, 'flave. How'm I sposed to know it's really you without milk drinkin' man in the little square. Now there's a quilt..............did someone hack your account? Did you leave the page open and your son/wife/ neighbor got on and is taking over?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.