Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by DollarShort
Originally Posted by battue

In the video, did some notice they were not going light on the firepower?...

Looked like about .30 caliber bore. But the shell kinda resembled a Swede.

30-06 is pretty popular over there. They are hitting most of these boars high shoulder which makes it even more amazing. I am loving those SAUER 404 rifles but seriously doubt I would put an aim point on it though.

Yeah, lots of spine shots looked like.

I local shop had a Sauer 22 on display that was really nice. No Sauer centerfires. But an unusual Steyr Scout with forearm that folded down into a bipod, with a Z3 mounted.
I kinda like the CZ550 too.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They also miss. The misses just don't make the cut...

The box of shells on the blind was 7mm Mag. I didn't see a belt on the shells being ejected in the first scene....

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The safety is a little different for sure. Friend has a 202 in 6.5x55 going to look at it and see what the differences are.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by smokepole
PS when you find yourself calling multiple people "[bleep]" simultaneously, chances are good that it ain't the other people....
Lotta fuggin dummies. Look in the mirror for exhibit #1. You obviously still don't get what I was saying about putting a 6x scope on a grouse gun. Dummy.

LOL, I get it just fine blackie, I just thought that what you said to Idaho Shooter was bullsh** and uncalled for. Your problem is, you don't know what you don't know. You have a very narrow point of view, some might say myopic. Every time a thread like this comes up, you manage to steer the discussion to what you know best, hunting whitetails in thick cover in the northeast. It's like clockwork. Well, I got a news flash for you, everyone everywhere doesn't hunt like you do. It's really common out west to shoot a grouse or two as targets of opportunity, like Idaho. said. It's not frowned upon like it is back east. Bowhunters do it as well as rifle hunters and some will bring an accurate.22 pistol along with a red dot just for that purpose.

You could mention "putting a 6X scope on your grouse gun" to Ia bunch of Idaho big game hunters and 99 out of 100 would think you'd have to be talking about a rifle, and 99% would think you were talking about shooting them on the ground or off a limb, because that's what they do.

Also because it's a totally foreign concept and they'd never seriously consider using a scoped rifle to wing shoot upland birds. And you want to say Idaho is the dummy and tell him to put down the bong.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
PS when you find yourself calling multiple people "[bleep]" simultaneously, chances are good that it ain't the other people....
Lotta fuggin dummies. Look in the mirror for exhibit #1. You obviously still don't get what I was saying about putting a 6x scope on a grouse gun. Dummy.

LOL, I get it just fine blackie, I just thought that what you said to Idaho Shooter was bullsh** and uncalled for. Your problem is, you don't know what you don't know. You have a very narrow point of view, some might say myopic. Every time a thread like this comes up, you manage to steer the discussion to what you know best, hunting whitetails in thick cover in the northeast. It's like clockwork. Well, I got a news flash for you, everyone everywhere doesn't hunt like you do. It's really common out west to shoot a grouse or two as targets of opportunity, like Idaho. said. It's not frowned upon like it is back east. Bowhunters do it as well as rifle hunters and some will bring an accurate.22 pistol along with a red dot just for that purpose.

You could mention "putting a 6X scope on your grouse gun" to Ia bunch of Idaho big game hunters and 99 out of 100 would think you'd have to be talking about a rifle, and 99% would think you were talking about shooting them on the ground or off a limb, because that's what they do.

Also because it's a totally foreign concept and they'd never seriously consider using a scoped rifle to wing shoot upland birds. And you want to say Idaho is the dummy and tell him to put down the bong.
Gosh, I know all that ya fuuckin retard, I expected in a place like this full of big, well read, well travelled 'expert' hunters that a guy from Idaho aught to know we don't normally shoot grouse with rifles here. Now goddamit I can feel my IQ dropping just talking to your dumb ass so STFU and GO AWAY.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
These threads that turn into who’s full of shît running a gun are always fun...Some members here are beyond compare in their shooting skills - just amazing men with a rifle or shotgun...Who doesn’t appreciate hunting with a guy or group of pards that can shoot? Not many of us.

Sometimes it’s easy to determine who’s got the goods and who doesn’t...But, then there’s some members who are sneakers, that could go either way...Maybe good with a weapon, maybe not.

Most of us are excellent in a certain shooting style and situation based solely on our hunting environment we grew up with. Most of us didn’t start out as young hunters traveling the USA gaining different shooting skills that are required to be successful in a certain geographical area...The latter typically came later in our lives as time, money, and opportunity presented itself.

Personally, having had the opportunity to hunt in several states with different hunting environments presented challenges for me, I had to adapt to fill my tags...

I believe it’s much easier to take a skilled hunter who’s spent most of his hunting life in thickets and dense growth plantations where hitting game on the move is the norm “Not talking about whacking an animal at a feeder” and bringing them into the vast open spaces of the West where a shot can go north of 750 yards, and he’ll probably do alright, if his gear is up to the task.

The reverse isn’t as easy, in my experience. Being a Western hunter, and facing quick shots on game moving through dense surroundings is, and was challenging...I knew my limitations.

With that said, I’ve been with old dogs who reeked of whiskey in the morning. Grumpy, broken bodied, unimpressive sorts who wanted-needed whiskey in their coffee before loading up in the truck to hunt. They’d throw on a lightweight rain jacket covering their wool shirt and step out into a downpour of coastal rain and high wind...Looking to cut tracks on elk, then heading down into the timber. Minutes, hours later....Boom...Sometimes boom, wait, boom, wait, boom...Dead bull with all rounds accounted for inside the bull with only ever an occasional loss of a shoulder...

Old, broken dudes are never discounted in my eyes hunting...I’ve seen them change by simply putting a rifle or shotgun in their hands.

😎

Well said Beav, well written and pretty danged true.

Pass the 6x for still hunting or out west... I’ll take a plain old 2.5 or 4x for deer drives. whistle

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, what's next blackie, "pronghorn hunting with the sweet sixteen?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Beaver10
These threads that turn into who’s full of shît running a gun are always fun...Some members here are beyond compare in their shooting skills - just amazing men with a rifle or shotgun...Who doesn’t appreciate hunting with a guy or group of pards that can shoot? Not many of us.

Sometimes it’s easy to determine who’s got the goods and who doesn’t...But, then there’s some members who are sneakers, that could go either way...Maybe good with a weapon, maybe not.

Most of us are excellent in a certain shooting style and situation based solely on our hunting environment we grew up with. Most of us didn’t start out as young hunters traveling the USA gaining different shooting skills that are required to be successful in a certain geographical area...The latter typically came later in our lives as time, money, and opportunity presented itself.

Personally, having had the opportunity to hunt in several states with different hunting environments presented challenges for me, I had to adapt to fill my tags...

I believe it’s much easier to take a skilled hunter who’s spent most of his hunting life in thickets and dense growth plantations where hitting game on the move is the norm “Not talking about whacking an animal at a feeder” and bringing them into the vast open spaces of the West where a shot can go north of 750 yards, and he’ll probably do alright, if his gear is up to the task.

The reverse isn’t as easy, in my experience. Being a Western hunter, and facing quick shots on game moving through dense surroundings is, and was challenging...I knew my limitations.

With that said, I’ve been with old dogs who reeked of whiskey in the morning. Grumpy, broken bodied, unimpressive sorts who wanted-needed whiskey in their coffee before loading up in the truck to hunt. They’d throw on a lightweight rain jacket covering their wool shirt and step out into a downpour of coastal rain and high wind...Looking to cut tracks on elk, then heading down into the timber. Minutes, hours later....Boom...Sometimes boom, wait, boom, wait, boom...Dead bull with all rounds accounted for inside the bull with only ever an occasional loss of a shoulder...

Old, broken dudes are never discounted in my eyes hunting...I’ve seen them change by simply putting a rifle or shotgun in their hands.

😎

Well said Beav, well written and pretty danged true.

Pass the 6x for still hunting or out west... I’ll take a plain old 2.5 or 4x for deer drives. whistle

Yeah, Ol Beav’ is well spoken.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

SxS?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Jcon72 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Man, you guys are tense tonight. Ya'll need some warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk or sumthin'?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I would not feel bad about a 6x w AO on a .22 rimfire or nice trim Hornet

Last edited by hookeye; 02/27/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wait until someone starts a thread: "What's the draw for a fixed 4x scope?"

Yikes. eek

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Learned a lot in this thread. Thanks for the insight, all.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The safety is a little different for sure. Friend has a 202 in 6.5x55 going to look at it and see what the differences are.

That safety design may soon cross an ocean....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Why SO?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Pardon me for talking about stuff I know about you moron.Guess you'd rather I talk out my ass like you and so many others here. Sorry but when I saw folks say stupid shyt like they've hunted a 6x from 10 to 500 yards and never found a situation where it was out of place and I know that's fuggin bullshyt I'm gonna say so. Some of you pompous fuuckin retatrds don't know as much as you think you do.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Why SO?

The sear or rifle is not cocked until you push the tab or safety forward. Pushing the safety forward becomes our equivalent of lifting the bolt. Therefore while walking around, the sear is not hanging on its thin edge and the firing pin spring is in a relaxed position. Also until one pushes the safety forward, there is a blocker that prevents the firing pin from hitting the primer.

Our system is the rifle is cocked at all times. With this system the rifle is only cocked when you push the safety to the fire position.

If you end up not shooting, one partially moves the safety and lifts the bolt slightly, which un-cocks the rifle.

The Blaser line of rifles use the same system.

Last edited by battue; 02/28/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For me it was simplicity. No fiddling with power settings.

I hunt MI swamps and farm fields. Figure 15 yards to 300 on the regular.

6x never inhibited my success.

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Why SO?

The sear or rifle is not cocked until you push the tab or safety forward. Pushing the safety forward becomes our equivalent of lifting the bolt. Therefore while walking around, the sear is not hanging on its thin edge and the firing pin spring is in a relaxed position. Also until one pushes the safety forward, there is a blocker that prevents the firing pin from hitting the primer.

Our system is the rifle is cocked at all times. With this system the rifle is only cocked when you push the safety to the fire position.

If you end up not shooting, one partially moves the safety and lifts the bolt slightly, which un-cocks the rifle.

The Blaser line of rifles use the same system.

I thought you meant an exact copy of that Sauer safety device, which IMHO is much different then most rifles on the market. If that were the only brand of rifle I owned I would acclimate to it , but having a few different brands currently the safety operation would not be as smooth. I think the Blaser safety is way better then what Sauer is offering. I do not like the protruding button in the trigger guard, IMHO a trigger guard should only contain a trigger.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.