efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigd7378
I thought Halfwit was gonna "FIX THE DAM ROADS" well the roads won't need to be fixed now because were all quarantined to our homes.
She talked about all the hospitals full to capacity....has anybody actually been in one to see? My cousin was in for possible stroke and his wife
could not even go in to see him!!

Maybe in Wayne/Oakland county. But basically nowhere else is the hospital to capacity

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This conversation has raised a question in my mind, and please forgive me if it has been asked before - I have not seen it. Is it legal for the governor to issue an executive order that includes fines and punishment. As I remember from Civics classes (those things that used to be taught to make us better citizens) an executive order is issued to dictate how a law is to be implemented. It would have to be a legislative session to enact a law with specific punishment. I guess I am saying that all the executive orders, at both federal and state level, seem to have usurped the duty of the legislature. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
What a dumb twat

And what’s even worse we have more than half of the people my state voted her into office!

Actually, 55.4% of registered voters voted and she won with 53.3%. So just under 30% of registered voters gave her to you.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Regardless...I hope Biden picks her so we can be done with her

GOD Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigd7378

She talked about all the hospitals full to capacity....has anybody actually been in one to see?

The only place that hospitals are the least bit busy is in the Detroit Metro area.

I'm in west MI & they've laid personnel off in all the hospitals & they are dead azz empty...............my wife is an RN.

My son is a PA in a major hospital & his fiance is a doc in the same place in west Milwaukee area...................they are both on furlough, subject to on-call.

Hospitals are going broke for lack of routine (actual paying) business. No routine surgeries or anything else except accident or urgent care treatment going on. Fact, period.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by tpcollins
What a dumb twat

And what’s even worse we have more than half of the people my state voted her into office!

Actually, 55.4% of registered voters voted and she won with 53.3%. So just under 30% of registered voters gave her to you.

And to add to that, the R's put up a candidate that was basically DOA & totally unelectable .

MM

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Can’t buy bedding or car seats but you can buy weed, according to my daughter.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
We can't go visit our other property, can't plant a garden because we can't buy the seeds from the store, can't go fishing because we can't use motorboats.
Halfwit decides who and what what is essential, but what she decides is for the good of her. I say that halfwit is non essential and all the media that dreams this
stuff up....Never let a good situation go to waste!!

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by jbmi
I live in NW MI, why the f%$^K would I want a bunch of dumb ass people coming up here from Detroit, Chicago and all parts on IN.
There is still snow on the ground, and these dumb [bleep] want to go grocery shopping, buy gas and then get bored to death because they don't have cable or wifi in their cabin. So they head to town to infect everyone else.
Please keep your stupid ass home, die there, not up here.

While I can sympathize with your sentiments, I don't think they really hold up to logic. What do you do for a living?

The US has widely respected property rights. I'm sure you might feel differently if you invested a lot of money (including taxes, maintenance, and supporting the local businesses there) in a second home or a vacation property elsewhere, and someone told you to stay away.

I wonder if any of the Northern Michigan businesses and their employees would suffer if all that money from the wealthy down-stater's wasn't welcome in your community? I wonder what your communities tax resources would look like if all those rich people's multi-million dollar coast and lake properties disappeared?

I wonder if any one you know, or any of your kids might suffer the effects of that kind of thinking?

Hey, at least we also have our First Amendment rights...

Best wishes from down-state,

Stay happy and healthy!

Cope
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Does she have a phat a.ss?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yes, I am selfish, I worry about my family and friend. Those who complain about the request to stay home are the "me" people, all they care about is "me" I'll go where I want, screw anybody else, I don't care if I kill your grandmother, I only care about me, I don't care if your wife goes to the hospital for a week, I can go where ever I want, f#$K your kids, so they get sick, I'm enjoying my cabin. Screw the LEO who pulled me over, if he left me alone, he wouldn't be sick, it's me, I'm the only important person, Constitution says so, Ya, so enjoy your "me" life.
Now it's not like she's depriving them of shelter, I'm sure their home down state is much nicer than the Up North Cabin,
Well from what I read, she's on the short list for VP with Biden, and we all know if he gets elected, old Sleepy Joe ain't going to make it through 4 years (age and health), so maybe Michigan will get rid of her, but the Nation may have to call her Mrs. President.

Last edited by jbmi; 04/11/20.

"The older I get, the better I was"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by ironbender
Wouldn’t you just be going “home”?

It was until yesterday. Some fūcktard village president of an inbred woodtick village near Traverse City was crying about all of the down staters coming up and opening up their summer cottages. His beef is about how it's taxing their limited resources ealier than normal. A lot of elitist northern michiganders got their panties in a wad demanding isolation from outsiders.

This...But they LOVE (and need) your downstate $$$ during normal tourist times..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, I am selfish, I worry about my family and friend. Those who complain about the request to stay home are the "me" people, all they care about is "me" I'll go where I want, screw anybody else, I don't care if I kill your grandmother, I only care about me, I don't care if your wife goes to the hospital for a week, I can go where ever I want, f#$K your kids, so they get sick, I'm enjoying my cabin. Screw the LEO who pulled me over, if he left me alone, he wouldn't be sick, it's me, I'm the only important person, Constitution says so, Ya, so enjoy your "me" life.
Well from what I read, she's on the short list for VP with Biden, and we all know if he gets elected, old Sleepy Joe ain't going to make it through 4 years (age and health), so maybe Michigan will get rid of her, but the Nation may have to call her Mrs. President.

Many of those who panic are fat, diabetic, smokers who made a lifetime of poor choices and now want everyone else to pay for their poor decisions. Who is it predominately killing? Those who demand that business owners and healthy worker give up all that they have earned in order to protect the slow aren't selfish? It's funny when the selfish point to the individual anomalies among those who have died, but lump business as a whole, totally ignoring the individual. "Business will bounce right back. Stronger than ever!" As a whole, possibly. But many individuals are being destroyed. Screw them. As long as I'm safe? Might check the mirror.

If you're allergic to peanuts, don't eat peanuts. Other are free to eat peanuts. Perhaps not around you, but eat they can. Sequester those who are high risk. No need to lock down the healthy. Studies are showing no correlation between areas that locked down, didn't lock down, locked down early, locked down later. The lock-downs came too late to be credited with flattening the curve, due to the incubation period.

I don't see many who are behaving as you described. The vast majority are taking precautions. Is it possible that there is a middle ground? Could rationality be an answer?

Last edited by 280shooter; 04/11/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Many of those who panic are fat, diabetic, smokers who made a lifetime of poor choices and now want everyone else to pay for their poor decisions. Who is it predominately killing? Those who demand that business owners and healthy worker give up all that they have earned in order to protect the slow aren't selfish? It's funny when the selfish point to the individual anomalies among those who have died, but lump business as a whole, totally ignoring the individual. "Business will bounce right back. Stronger than ever!" As a whole, possibly. But many individuals are being destroyed. Screw them. As long as I'm safe? Might check the mirror.

If you're allergic to peanuts, don't eat peanuts. Other are free to eat peanuts. Perhaps not around you, but eat they can. Sequester those who are high risk. No need to lock down the healthy. Studies are showing no correlation between areas that locked down, didn't lock down, locked down early, locked down later. The lock-downs came too late to be credited with flattening the curve, due to the incubation period.

I don't see many who are behaving as you described. The vast majority are taking precautions. Is it possible that there is a middle ground? Could rationality be an answer?

No here its the "Up North" people pissing and moaning because people rightfully so are heading to properties they own in more sparsely populated areas. My uncle with cancer headed North long before this lockdown. He would be DOA if he caught the virus. But my Uncle is less important than an Uncle that lives north of M-10. What these mouth breathers fail to understand is that delivery drivers go north every day from the evil "downstate" area. I guarantee theres a truck headed north right now from the hottest of spots in Detroit getting ready to drop groceries/beer/pop/whatever. There isnt $hit for warehousing/food distribution north of M-57. I'm in restaurant supply and we send multiple trucks north every day 7 days a week. i was all over the place around Houghton lake yesterday and now i'm back home at my Corona palace downstate. Nearly EVERYTHING for sale up there came from down here. Your out of your mind if you think if myself and my wife weren't considered essential (I even have a card and a legal letter to prove it HAHA) I wouldn't be headed north.

Last edited by k20350; 04/11/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by sse
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I’d hit that

So would I . . . With a baseball bat. . .

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,265 guests, and 803 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.