Page 52 of 108 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 107 108
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
According to some of these guys if you got home and found a guy dressed in black with a mask on in your house, you wouldn’t be able to hold him at gunpoint until the police got there. Why? Because unless he was carrying a sack of valuables on his back, you couldn’t prove that he was guilty of anything other than criminal trespass. And therefore, since he wasn’t in the act of committing a felony, you would not be entitled to make a citizens arrest.

Not me... hes in your house.... not running past your house down the street. Then, out of harms way, you go inside and arm yourself to pursue him, actually setting up a road block to attempt to “detain, or kill him”...

But, since most can say the victim was clearly burglarizing, then its also fair to say the two doofuses were clearly there with the intent to kill... see how tbat works?

Learn to read. I haven’t said that he was clearly burglarizing. I’ve said that his actions were sufficient to sustain a conviction for it.

That's too deep for Ejp.,

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Below is the entire statement from the homeowner’s attorney, J. Elizabeth Graddy:

"Mr. English wants to correct the mistaken impression that he had shared this video or any other information with the McMichaels prior to the McMichaels’ decision to chase Mr. Arbery. The homeowners had not even seen the February 23 video before Travis McMichael shot Mr. Arbery. When homeowner Larry English saw the photos of Mr. Arbery that were later broadcast, his first impression was that Mr. Arbery was not the man captured on video inside the house on February 23, and he said that to a neighbor.

In the months prior to February 23, a motion-activated camera had captured videos of someone inside the house (which was and remains a construction site) at night. Mr. English has never said that Mr. Arbery was the person or persons in those videos, and he does not see a resemblance now. After the first time that video captured someone in the house, Mr. English contacted local law enforcement on a non-emergency number and made them aware of the unauthorized entry onto his property. He never used the word "burglary." He never shared any of this information with the McMichaels, whom he did not even know. Nothing was ever stolen from the house -- which, again, was a construction site. Even if there had been a robbery, however, the English family would not have wanted a vigilante response. They would have entrusted the matter to law enforcement authorities. On February 23, the English family was two hours away from the Satilla Shores neighborhood andwas unaware of the tragedy that was unfolding. Mr. English was not the one who called 911 on February 23. The only crime that the homeowner has seen captured on video is the senseless killing of Mr. Arbery.

As a native of South Georgia and an attorney, I personally was following this story in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution prior to the release of the video of the shooting. Based solely on Gregory McMichael's reported statement, my professional opinion was that this was a murder, possibly a capital murder. After seeing the video of the shooting, I wrote to Tom Durdin, the prosecutor to whom the case had been assigned, and expressed that opinion and asked why the McMichaels had not been arrested. I reviewed the published letters written by the two prosecutors who previously handled the case, and my professional opinion is that they are legally unsound. And there are questions in my mind regarding whether the first two prosecutors' handling of this case might have violated the Georgia Bar's Rules of Professional Responsibility.

I am emphasizing these facts to address the impression that some people have that the homeowners took part in the McMichaels’ actions. The homeowners were shocked and deeply saddened by these events, which they learned of after-the-fact. The homeowners are parents, and they are heartsick for Mr. Arbery’s mother and father. Larry English and his family are praying for the Arberys."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be a black member of this group. Some of you are goddam embarrassment to human kind. This truly pains me. I get a bit defensive when left leaning people make the snarky gun owner=racist comments, but then every day this place reminds me that they have a point. I'd love to see you cowards say the kind of crap that you say in front of black people. You wouldn't do it because you are cowards. The world will be a better place when your are rotting in hell.

My grandma is the biggest bigot around and votes Democrat and own guns. Go figure. Same shoe don’t fit everyone. Your as emotional as a woman. No wonder you wear spandex bike riding. Not sure why others behavior affects some so much. Read it and move on.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A brief summary of impressions relative to this thread: A couple of dumbshits attempt to detain another dumbshit at gunpoint in the absence of authority or a deadly threat to a human being. A dumbshit is killed as a result of this activity. A clamor arises among a bunch of dumbershits as to the social/racial bias of American society and that the jogroe had it coming.

Questions: if you are an innocent human being do you believe that you have the right to resist an armed stranger attempting to detain or threaten you w/ death or great bodily harm?

If you are a legally armed citizen do you have the right to present a deadly weapon to another in a rude, angry or threatening manner not in defense of an innocent human being threatened by death or great bodily injury?

Conclusion: there are a bunch of ignorant [bleep] up in here that are not smart enough to recognize their own stupidity and continue to flaunt it with appalling consistency.

YMMV

mike r

You left out one thing.
In my stupid book, it says grabbing the front end of a loaded shot to wrestle it away from someone is, well, stupid.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If someone, who's not a cop, points a gun at your, do you plan to forfeit your right to self defense?
I have loaded guns pointed at me by potential adversaries several times. I one case, I was even armed with a shotgun and probably could have killed the other 2 guys if I wanted. But they are alive and well and so am I.

Why? Because I didn't act like Ahmaud!

You? What's your experience?

Obviously you either don't have any experience being in a potentially deadly confrontation or you think Ahmaud was a dumb ass too. Which is it?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
According to some of these guys if you got home and found a guy dressed in black with a mask on in your house, you wouldn’t be able to hold him at gunpoint until the police got there. Why? Because unless he was carrying a sack of valuables on his back, you couldn’t prove that he was guilty of anything other than criminal trespass. And therefore, since he wasn’t in the act of committing a felony, you would not be entitled to make a citizens arrest.

Nice Strawman Joebob.

No one here's asserted anything of the kind.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
And from my quick, very easy google search here is why it wasnt burglary...

1.) no forceable entry, nor was the property marked. To be such there must be obvious unlawful entry... i.e., someone stops in to ask for directions is no more or less guilty or innocent then the deceased in this instance.

2.) you must prove intent... you have to prove he had intent of committing a felony. You cant, hes dead.... and not at the scene.

The burglary statute is posted above, twice.

Forcible entry is not required, nor is actually stealing anything.

Intent can be inferred from his actions, and proven by the video of the joglar, both inside and outside the house.

No... no it isnt... thats from a 3rd party... i posted an exert from the real statue, from the real website... carryon dinkus, this whole google things above your head. Your not even doing it, your going by a forum post..... makes you even more of a dinkus!
laughing this idiot is arguing with a lawyer.....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Starman
Below is the entire statement from the homeowner’s attorney, J. Elizabeth Graddy:

"Mr. English wants to correct the mistaken impression that he had shared this video or any other information with the McMichaels prior to the McMichaels’ decision to chase Mr. Arbery. The homeowners had not even seen the February 23 video before Travis McMichael shot Mr. Arbery.

Looks like Mr. English don't wanna be murdered by any of the black folk that now know where he lives.

Not that that could possibly happen.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If someone, who's not a cop, points a gun at your, do you plan to forfeit your right to self defense?
I have loaded guns pointed at me by potential adversaries several times. I one case, I was even armed with a shotgun and probably could have killed the other 2 guys if I wanted. But they are alive and well and so am I.

Obviously you either have don't have any experience being in a potentially deadly confrontation or you think Ahmaud was a dumb ass too. Which is it?

AS hasnt answered my reply as to what I would do if someone with a deadly weapon got the drop on me.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by callnum
This thread shows the 2 bubbas and a whole lot of fire members should not own guns.

Ya mean like this racist?

Originally Posted by TrueGrit
...There's no question the negro would of still been alive to rape and pillage if he'd of just kept running. ... But the more you learn about Arbery the more it's apparent he needed killing.

It is because of people like you and callnum and your feral pets that we keep firearms handy.

People like me who believe in the rule of law, due process, the right to a trial by jury, bans on excessive bail and fines, and cruel and unusual punishment, and that these rights don't only apply to white people? So we are the problem? Really?

Looks like you are in agreement with callnum that he would disarm folk who don't subscribe to callnum's beliefs. Yes, that is a problem, and one of the top reasons to stay armed.

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be a black member of this group. Some of you are goddam embarrassment to human kind. This truly pains me. I get a bit defensive when left leaning people make the snarky gun owner=racist comments, but then every day this place reminds me that they have a point. I'd love to see you cowards say the kind of crap that you say in front of black people. You wouldn't do it because you are cowards. The world will be a better place when your are rotting in hell.

1. Your imagination needs work. Experience with real live black folks helps.

2. Stop conceding the moral argument to your enemies who would happily see you broke and dead and your children raped. Stop being a normiecon tool who regularly bleats out the new radical Goodwhite line a few years after it is unveiled.

3. BTDT. Athletics, military, workplace, elsewhere. Oddly enough, many black men prefer honesty in race relations to oleagenous Goodwhite euphemism and obsequiousness. And by "prefer" I mean I can and have developed team spirit & comaradery and spent many hours with & downed many beverages with black men...while we both express contempt for your sort of Goodwhite. The caveat is, these are masculine black men with a clue, a sense of mission, and who are not dominated by their women. Ferals and pu$$y whipped black men, not so much.

4. The world will be a better place when folk like yourselves get eaten alive by ferals you have so little first-hand experience with.

5. I can not overstate how much contempt black men have for weak, pathetic whites who they can get over on easily.

You make it embarrassing to be white. If somebody read just your writing, they'd think we were all a bunch of cucks.

"Paging David French. David French to the ohweresosorrytobewhite courtesy phone."

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Very well said. We have one black member here that I am aware of. A really good guy. Retired military commissioned officer. He keeps a low profile because this place is so hostile to blacks. This forum is dominated by racists whose race-based identity politics are identical to those of the hard left. Let me repeat that: guys like Bristoe, Hawkeye (and many others here) share the exact same premise as black identitarians of the hard, hard left. They are every bit as racist as the black racists they (very hypocritically) despise. It is a very poor reflection on Rick Bin that he indulges the racism so prevalent here in the name of the unimitigated pursuit of the almighty dollar. He should be ashamed of himself.

About time somebody said this. You also might wonder why there are almost no females on here, what with the continued sexual innuendos by the same group of low lifes. Or why they let card carrying Nazis like The Real Hawkeye post at all. Or why, more and more, so many posts are complete drivel. All Rick Bin seems to care about is number of clicks. The advertisders are dumb enough to pay him so many shekels per click so who cares what gets clicked?

^^^ The cuckservative cucked, cuckingly.

Maybe if you CUCK HARDER someone to your left will give you a cookie.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Those who are afraid to confront reality are useful idiots for the left.

Such as the reality that if all the black males between 16 and 25 were shipped off to an island, America's murder rate would drop by 50%.

Things would remain the same in Salmon, Idaho however.

Bristoe,

That's a different subject.

That question at hand is what happened in this specific incident, and were the actions of the two bubba's s justified.

The subject was personalized by some of the PC members of the forum. So some facts needed to be stated to offset the PC propaganda and attempted shaming by some people on here who have had their brains turned to PC schitt.

AS, Tarqueen and Paul are pissed because they have no rebuttal to the preponderance of black on white crime here, in Great Britain, South Africa or Zimbabwe.

White farm wives who are raped, tortured, breasts cut of, vaginas cut out and run through from stem to stern with white hot steel poles are just normal parts of life for those whites suffering the Genocides in Africa.

Gawd Jaq, in addition to being a racist and therefore a fraud as a Christian...

Hilarious, you can't make this stuff up. Is that you, Matt Walsh?

So much for not adding to God's Law.

By the way, it’s now coming out that Travis (that’s the shooter) may have been the one to make the initial 911 call.

If that’s the case, then he directly witnessed the potential felony and would have the right to make a citizen’s arrest and stop him from fleeing.

Narrative collapse in 3, 2, 1,..

===================

FTR, there are still many unknowns. But I know the way to bet, if forced to stake out a position. And given the data rolling it, it is not looking good frothe jogger-american grievance and hillbily-hater club.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Obviously you either have don't have any experience being in a potentially deadly confrontation or you think Ahmaud was a dumb ass too. Which is it?

If you paying attention, which you do very good job of in the gun threads, you would know I've already addressed that in part.

I've had several experiences similar to what you describe. In each of those instances I utilized my most important weapon, my brain, an no shots resulted.

Conversely, it wasn't always a question of me not acting like Ahmaud, it was also a matter of me not acting like Bubba, and Bubbaer...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Translation:
Please don’t burn my house down, when the McMichaels get off.

"Mr. English wants to correct the mistaken impression that he had shared this video or any other information with the McMichaels prior to the McMichaels’ decision to chase Mr. Arbery. The homeowners had not even seen the February 23 video before Travis McMichael shot Mr. Arbery. When homeowner Larry English saw the photos of Mr. Arbery that were later broadcast, his first impression was that Mr. Arbery was not the man captured on video inside the house on February 23, and he said that to a neighbor.

In the months prior to February 23, a motion-activated camera had captured videos of someone inside the house (which was and remains a construction site) at night. Mr. English has never said that Mr. Arbery was the person or persons in those videos, and he does not see a resemblance now. After the first time that video captured someone in the house, Mr. English contacted local law enforcement on a non-emergency number and made them aware of the unauthorized entry onto his property. He never used the word "burglary." He never shared any of this information with the McMichaels, whom he did not even know. Nothing was ever stolen from the house -- which, again, was a construction site. Even if there had been a robbery, however, the English family would not have wanted a vigilante response. They would have entrusted the matter to law enforcement authorities. On February 23, the English family was two hours away from the Satilla Shores neighborhood andwas unaware of the tragedy that was unfolding. Mr. English was not the one who called 911 on February 23. The only crime that the homeowner has seen captured on video is the senseless killing of Mr. Arbery.

As a native of South Georgia and an attorney, I personally was following this story in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution prior to the release of the video of the shooting. Based solely on Gregory McMichael's reported statement, my professional opinion was that this was a murder, possibly a capital murder. After seeing the video of the shooting, I wrote to Tom Durdin, the prosecutor to whom the case had been assigned, and expressed that opinion and asked why the McMichaels had not been arrested. I reviewed the published letters written by the two prosecutors who previously handled the case, and my professional opinion is that they are legally unsound. And there are questions in my mind regarding whether the first two prosecutors' handling of this case might have violated the Georgia Bar's Rules of Professional Responsibility.

I am emphasizing these facts to address the impression that some people have that the homeowners took part in the McMichaels’ actions. The homeowners were shocked and deeply saddened by these events, which they learned of after-the-fact. The homeowners are parents, and they are heartsick for Mr. Arbery’s mother and father. Larry English and his family are praying for the Arberys."

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
13 hrs ago...

One day after the shooting, prosecutor George Barnhill had told police that he believed the McMichaels had just cause to pursue Mr Arbery, who was unarmed, and that they acted in self-defence, a claim that legal experts have dismissed as invalid.

Larry English, the man who owns the house under construction, told The Washington Post that the structure was not burgled, and that the McMichaels' accounts of robberies at the site are "completely wrong."

Viewing of the video by current Investigators
came to a different conclusion than DA Barnhill
just one day after the shooting... and on such
basis arrested/charged the McMichaels.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Do you think English currently has a motive to change his story?

One day after the shooting, prosecutor George Barnhill had told police that he believed the McMichaels had just cause to pursue Mr Arbery, who was unarmed, and that they acted in self-defence, a claim that legal experts have dismissed as invalid.

Larry English, the man who owns the house under construction, told The Washington Post that the structure was not burgled, and that the McMichaels' accounts of robberies at the site are "completely wrong."

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by callnum
"IMHO they need to clean up their own act before pointing fingers at others.
Yet every thug that gets blasted is pushed for Sainthood." Racist.

He was saving up money from stuff no one wanted in order to go to brain surgeon school. Sorry whites wouldn't pay his way.

Doc,

Every group ultimately fractionates down to the individual. This is not a question of black vs. white, it's a question of right vs. wrong.

You know Jag is not a real doc, right?
lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That’s dumb logic. Private property is private property whether posted or not. If it’s not your property and you don’t have permission from the owner you don’t belong there. No matter if your curious or anything else. I would hope observers would call someone too if it were my property.

Originally Posted by hookeye
He went into a construction area/residence.
That made somebody take notice.
If I remember right, that person called the guys in the truck.

Had he stayed on the road/sidewalk...........walking or jogging.........would the caller have made up a story about his actions?
Was the caller racist?

Or did he simply see somebody acting a bit questionable, in an area that had burglaries?

Laws and even social norms, basic politeness.............seems lost on a pretty damn big group of people.
And it costs some of them dearly.

Can't tell you how many new constructions I've stopped at to inspect. I know others who've done the same. Its something guys who are interested in construction and building often do. If there were no "no trespassing" signs then under Georgia law, visiting the construction site and going into the residence isn't even a trespass (a misdemeanor) let alone a burglary (a felony).

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

AS hasnt answered my reply as to what I would do if someone with a deadly weapon got the drop on me.

Would you give them a BJ if so demanded? If you fail to resist in a potentially deadly encounter you have chosen to submit and become a victim by choice, good luck w/ that. You, Tyrone and many others are just silly.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
And from my quick, very easy google search here is why it wasnt burglary...

1.) no forceable entry, nor was the property marked. To be such there must be obvious unlawful entry... i.e., someone stops in to ask for directions is no more or less guilty or innocent then the deceased in this instance.

2.) you must prove intent... you have to prove he had intent of committing a felony. You cant, hes dead.... and not at the scene.

The burglary statute is posted above, twice.

Forcible entry is not required, nor is actually stealing anything.

Intent can be inferred from his actions, and proven by the video of the joglar, both inside and outside the house.

No... no it isnt... thats from a 3rd party... i posted an exert from the real statue, from the real website... carryon dinkus, this whole google things above your head. Your not even doing it, your going by a forum post..... makes you even more of a dinkus!
laughing this idiot is arguing with a lawyer.....

A criminal defense attorney in GA? If so Im sure he has the statue then, and can clearly relate it to the cited cases...

He’s clearly the idiot... the statues there, and says what I stated without a doubt.

What is a dwelling??? Is that construction site without a COO a dwelling? Was there forceable entry... can you have forceable entry on a construction site without barriers... what is a dwelling?

Mr Attorney should know all of this... lots of lawyers in the world... counsel for a publicly traded company wouldnt be the best to consult for a criminal defense, but....

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by shootAI
That’s dumb logic. Private property is private property whether posted or not. If it’s not your property and you don’t have permission from the owner you don’t belong there. No matter if your curious or anything else. I would hope observers would call someone too if it were my property.

Originally Posted by hookeye
He went into a construction area/residence.
That made somebody take notice.
If I remember right, that person called the guys in the truck.

Had he stayed on the road/sidewalk...........walking or jogging.........would the caller have made up a story about his actions?
Was the caller racist?

Or did he simply see somebody acting a bit questionable, in an area that had burglaries?

Laws and even social norms, basic politeness.............seems lost on a pretty damn big group of people.
And it costs some of them dearly.

Can't tell you how many new constructions I've stopped at to inspect. I know others who've done the same. Its something guys who are interested in construction and building often do. If there were no "no trespassing" signs then under Georgia law, visiting the construction site and going into the residence isn't even a trespass (a misdemeanor) let alone a burglary (a felony).

To be clear, the term residence wont be allowed... it isnt such. It is an unoccupied construction site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Do you think English currently has a motive to change his story?

The story by Larry English regarding Arbery
remains the same,
they have not reported anything being robbed
by him, nor do they consider his being on the
their property as burglary.

Page 52 of 108 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 163bc, 1badf350, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,748
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.