Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 108 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 107 108
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
But it's nothing I wouldn't say in front of my black friends or co-workers.

You work with black people? OMFG

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Your [sic] missing the obvious here... Arbery isnt on trial....

Actually, when a defendant claims the defense of self-defense, in a sense, the victim of his actions come to be on trial, because now the prosecutor must prove that the victim was not posing an imminent, potentially deadly, threat to the shooter at the time of the incident, and the shooter is proffering evidence of the opposite.

No no no.... your wrong... the prosecutor doesnt have to prove that at all.... the defense does...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx

We are supposed to just sit back, say nothing and finance it until the schiett gets much worse. We must have something to keep the justice dept, Leo, lawyers, ER rooms, prison systems and morgues going.

How much of it is in the news when a couple of blacks kill some poor cracker while robbing a convenience store or raping and killing some woman? Well, that wouldnt be big news. Why, because its expected. Its normal. Dont you know that's just how they are? Say something about it and, hey, you're a racist.
5 dead, 28 wounded the weekend of 4-20. Hey, no biggie if blacks are killing blacks for fun or whites for money or puzzy but if 2 crackers try to chase down and hold a black for few minutes for LEO and and said low IQ dumbass attacks one with a gun and buys the farm the world must come to a standstill.

This schiett will not be tolerated. Chase them down and just grab them. Get a knife in your guts and everything will be ok.

Excellent rebuttal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by akasparky

Doesn't everybody?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't work

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Your [sic] missing the obvious here... Arbery isnt on trial....

Actually, when a defendant claims the defense of self-defense, in a sense, the victim of his actions come to be on trial, because now the prosecutor must prove that the victim was not posing an imminent, potentially deadly, threat to the shooter at the time of the incident, and the shooter is proffering evidence of the opposite.

No no no.... your wrong... the prosecutor doesnt have to prove that at all.... the defense does...

There is a burden of proof shift once the defense of self-defense is asserted. After that, the prosecutor is burdened with proving that the victim wasn't illegally posing an imminent threat to the life of the defendant, i.e., it becomes about the dead man at that point.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't work

Even better.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't work

Even better.

I dont work very hard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Work may be a stretch, they are fellow employees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx

We are supposed to just sit back, say nothing and finance it until the schiett gets much worse. We must have something to keep the justice dept, Leo, lawyers, ER rooms, prison systems and morgues going.

How much of it is in the news when a couple of blacks kill some poor cracker while robbing a convenience store or raping and killing some woman? Well, that wouldnt be big news. Why, because its expected. Its normal. Dont you know that's just how they are? Say something about it and, hey, you're a racist.
5 dead, 28 wounded the weekend of 4-20. Hey, no biggie if blacks are killing blacks for fun or whites for money or puzzy but if 2 crackers try to chase down and hold a black for few minutes for LEO and and said low IQ dumbass attacks one with a gun and buys the farm the world must come to a standstill.

This schiett will not be tolerated. Chase them down and just grab them. Get a knife in your guts and everything will be ok.

Excellent rebuttal.

It really was. It was so well executed that I barely noticed he entwined murder into this discussion of a possible burglary.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
People make decisions everyday that ruin their lives or someone elses. Thats what happened here. Decisions were made on both sides that may ultimately cost all three their lives. Thats what happens in a free will society. I personally do my best to avoid areas and people I don't wanna be around. Not afraid, just remove myself from the posibility. Why step in [bleep] if you have don't have to?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Paul,

Between you and me, I never actually read it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
In Georgia, when raised at trial the defendant need only show evidence of justification in an alleged self defense situation then the burden of proof switches to the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn’t justified.

So, necessarily the actions of the victim and his character, at least to some extent will come into play. Most states allow a defendant in a self defense case to offer evidence of pertinent character traits of the victim. So, if there is anything there, you will hear about it. I’ll bet that the defense already knows about or is very interested in the “mental issues” alluded to by the second DA in his letter to the third.

I still think that it is going to come down to what happened in the front of that truck that no one can see. McMillan has right to be armed to be in a public space. And Arbery had a right to be where he was. So, it’s going to come down to those few seconds.

You can argue that the McMillans created the whole situation and were the aggressors. That isn’t completely unreasonable. On the other hand, from what we think we know about the case, they had done pretty much the same thing and tried to get him to stop and talk at least once, maybe twice, a few minutes/seconds before and he had kept running. What was different this time?

It’s going to come down to what the difference was in those split seconds the last time they tried to stop him. The McMillans are behind the eight ball with all the publicity. On the other hand, they appear to be the only witnesses as to what happened in those split seconds.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/13/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
In Georgia, when raised at trial the defendant need only show evidence of justification in an alleged self defense situation then the burden of proof switches to the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn’t justified.

So, necessarily the actions of the victim and his character, at least to some extent will come into play. Most states allow a defendant to offer evidence of pertinent e t character traits of the victim. So, if there is anything there, you will hear about it. I’ll bet that the defense already knows about or is very interested in the “mental issues” alluded to by the second DA in his letter to the third.

I still think that it is going to come down to what happened in the front of that truck that no one can see. McMillan has right to be armed to be in a public space. And Arbery had a right to be where he was. So, it’s going to come down to those few seconds.

You can argue that the McMillans created the whole situation and were the aggressors. That isn’t completely unreasonable. On the other hand, from what we think we know about the case, they had done pretty much the same thing and tried to get him to stop and talk at least once, maybe twice, a few minutes/seconds before and he had kept running. What was different this time?

It’s going to come down to what the difference was in those split seconds the last time they tried to stop him. The McMillans are behind the eight ball with all the publicity. On the other hand, the appear to be the only witnesses as to what happened in those split seconds.

I think there will be much more legal nuance than we realize. I have read and reread the Georgia statute. What the killers KNEW is going to come into play.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JoeBob

So, necessarily the actions of the victim and his character, at least to some extent will come into play. Most states allow a defendant to offer evidence of pertinent e t character traits of the victim. So, if there is anything there, you will hear about it. I’ll bet that the defense already knows about or is very interested in the “mental issues” alluded to by the second DA in his letter to the third.

It’s going to come down to what the difference was in those split seconds the last time they tried to stop him. The McMillans are behind the eight ball with all the publicity. On the other hand, the appear to be the only witnesses as to what happened in those split seconds.

I think there will be much more legal nuance than we realize. I have read and reread the Georgia statute. What the killers KNEW is going to come into play.

I suspect they knew a lot more than most are giving them credit for knowing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What disturbs me most is how many of you think a man should allow himself to be disarmed and murdered just because he investigated a suspected burglar in his neighborhood.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Work may be a stretch, they are fellow employees.

You lazy bastard.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 19352012

You lazy bastard.

He's probably black.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What disturbs me most is how many of you think a man should allow himself to be disarmed and murdered just because he investigated a suspected burglar in his neighborhood.

Another contender for the critical thinking hall of fame.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Or that a man who is armed is automatically the aggressor. Some of these guys aren’t too far off from attacking the dude open carrying at the grocery store because they felt threatened.

Break it down to its most simple parts. You can open carry in Georgia. You can open carry in the street in Georgia. You can talk to people, maybe even disagreeably so while open carrying in Georgia. None of that, in and of themselves makes one the aggressor in a confrontation. There is going to have to be some affirmative act...a spoken threat, physical contact, or pointing the gun to make one the aggressor.

Most on here want to argue that the whole situation made the McMillans the aggressors. And maybe, the jury will buy off on that. But if I were their counsel, I would try to break it down to it’s most basic elements and condense their acts down individually and analyze them that way.

Page 65 of 108 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.