Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
They evolved.

Like the island people have webbed toes, right?

Island people have never needed webbed toes for swimming.

Except for some of the people in the British Isles. Mostly south of Scotland.

I'm just wondering why if animals swam in the waters and wanted food on land, why they didnt grow feet and still keep some fins and gills for going swimming.

It seems to me it could have served them well when trying to get away from sabretoothed critters or even pterodactyls.

For that matter, I can see where birds wanted hands and arms, but why didnt they just grow them and keep their wings for flying, especially when they were young and lithe rather than old and fat.

I think I've seen pics of horses with wings. I guess that was the link between birds and horses. I wonder why they didnt use and lost their wings? They should have come in handy dodging sabetooths and prairie fires.

I guess it was just the smart birds which started trying to build nests with their wings which morphed into hands. I never see chickens trying to build chiett with their wings.

No, those dumb clucks sure missed out.

They could have built traps and bows and arrows and guns and - had chicken for dinner.

I hope you'e trying to be facetious and aren't just dumb.

One can't evolve features just because they might be useful. The basic tetrapod form--four limbs plus a tail, limbs ending in digits--has remained unchanged since long before the dinosaurs. So it is that some animals have four legs, in others the legs have evolved into hands, and into wings in still others. In some cases (snakes, whales, ostriches) the limbs have atrophied if no longer needed, but can still be traced anatomically. Same goes for tails in humans.

It doesn't make sense that humans were created in their final (current) form instead of evolving. One example is wisdom teeth. They cause all kinds of trouble and we shouldn't have them. But originally our jaws were much longer, like the apes. As we developed the ability to make fire and cook food, chewing was not needed so much and a shorter face was a good adaptation. The teeth just haven't caught up yet. Or look at all our back problems. Our backbones haven't totally caught up with bipedalism yet.

If God created us in his own image, he was pretty stupid to retain his wisdom teeth, crummy backbone, appendix, and some other things. I don't believe God is stupid. That's another thing the Bible got wrong.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB4

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

....Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, ….

You know that is incorrect - that would mean that you could say absolutely anything about anyone and get them to prove otherwise. That would be guilty until proven innocent. Good for killing witches though.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 06/23/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Non existence, by definition, leaves no trace of evidence to be found.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Non existence, by definition, leaves no trace of evidence to be found.

And in most definitions, gods are, by design, unfalsifiable.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So what happened to snakes, millipedes, caterpillars, worms, centipedes, octopuses.....

Snakes only have 2 angled scales supposedly where 2 legs used to be.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/23/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So what happened to snakes, millipedes, caterpillars, worms, centipedes, octopuses.....

Can't you read?

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
One can't evolve features just because they might be useful. The basic tetrapod form--four limbs plus a tail, limbs ending in digits--has remained unchanged since long before the dinosaurs. So it is that some animals have four legs, in others the legs have evolved into hands, and into wings in still others. In some cases (snakes, whales, ostriches) the limbs have atrophied if no longer needed, but can still be traced anatomically. Same goes for tails in humans.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Myths, legends, and conspiracies pervade his mind
Consequently there's little room for anything else.

The gift of stupid that keeps on giving, thats jX.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
At least I haven't been accused of being Communist this time around. smile

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Starman: See John 3:16. "...the world..." and "...whosoever..." seems to me would encompass more than the Torah Jews, as you term them.

....Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, ….

You know that is incorrect - that would mean that you could say absolutely anything about anyone and get them to prove otherwise. That would be guilty until proven innocent. Good for killing witches though.

This is not a trial; if it were, who is the prosecution and who is the defendant? No, it is supposed to be a conversation, albeit one where each side hopes to persuade the other of the merits of its viewpoint. There is no guilt or innocence involved here; thus my point was that AS does not have the sole right to demand sufficient evidence of anything anymore than I do.

There is compelling evidence for evolution. I offered an interpretation of that evidence that renders said evidence insufficient. I have conceded that neither position is provable, yet AS and you continue to demand "sufficient evidence" while exempting yourselves from the same standard. I don't care to continue to attempt to carry on a conversation in this manner.

I was really hoping I could just let this thread die...hopefully, it is over for me now.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

I was referring to animals with backbones (chordata). Others split from chordata (or vice versa) long before the basic tetrapod form evolved. Snakes are chordata and have vestigial legs. They are not really related to millipedes etc.

Incidentally, why did your God give himself wisdom teeth? Does your God enjoy toothaches? Mine doesn't.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Starman: See John 3:16. "...the world..." and "...whosoever..." seems to me would encompass more than the Torah Jews, as you term them.

This is not a trial; if it were, who is the prosecution and who is the defendant? No, it is supposed to be a conversation, albeit one where each side hopes to persuade the other of the merits of its viewpoint. There is no guilt or innocence involved here; thus my point was that AS does not have the sole right to demand sufficient evidence of anything anymore than I do.

There is compelling evidence for evolution. I offered an interpretation of that evidence that renders said evidence insufficient. I have conceded that neither position is provable, yet AS and you continue to demand "sufficient evidence" while exempting yourselves from the same standard. I don't care to continue to attempt to carry on a conversation in this manner.

I was really hoping I could just let this thread die...hopefully, it is over for me now.

TYG,

You are making the positive claim relating to the existence to your specific version of your specific God, so you have the burden of proof. If you want to play the "everything exists until proven otherwise" game, well, you have 10,000 other gods to disprove before you can claim yours in the One True God. This goes back to what I alluded to earlier with Ray and the use of a Null Hypothesis and why it's the negative that's presumed true until a hypothesis has sufficient evidence. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection's withstood 150 years of scrutiny, and is the corner stone of modern biology. The only people who don't see this are those with primitive religious view that prevent them from acknowledging the mountain of evidence supporting it. Additionally, the Modern Flat Earth Movement is 100% religious driven, primarily, if not exclusively Christian.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

They are all getting around just fine.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm still not sure I understand how only part of the sharks morphed into salamanders. I can only surmise it was the smart ones. And the smart cats morphed into wolves, which wanted to eat cats, but not the dumb ones.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm still not sure I understand how only part of the sharks morphed into salamanders. I can only surmise it was the smart ones. And the smart cats morphed into wolves, which wanted to eat cats, but not the dumb ones.

There's a mountain of good sources on all this, if your curiosity is authentic. Just study up.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When you all agree how many angels can dance on a head of a pin, let me know.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Oh I passed Comparative Anatomy. It never revealed if some of the sharks gill arches became part of the middle ears hammer, anvil and stirrup at the same time the shark coincidently developed salamander legs to advance itself enough to travel on or in land. I would think being able to swim and eat stuff in the ocean would be preferable.

Iirc, didnt a couple of shark gill arches become mans jaw bone or mandible? Where the hell did the sharks jaw bone go? wink

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When you all agree how many angels can dance on a head of a pin, let me know.

The first part of this question would be to define angels and first determine if, by the agreed upon definition if they even existed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
Bi-POLAR symptoms~
Mood: mood swings, anger, anxiety,euphoria, general discontent, aggression,
Cognitive: unwanted thoughts, delusion,
false belief of superiority,
Psychological: paranoia.

jX down to a T.

No, That's Paul

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Sharks did not morph into salamanders and cats did not morph into wolves. Go read something like AS recommended.

Why does your god have wisdom teeth?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Pins?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 52 of 95 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,238
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.