Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Starman: See John 3:16. "...the world..." and "...whosoever..." seems to me would encompass more than the Torah Jews, as you term them.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

....Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, ….

You know that is incorrect - that would mean that you could say absolutely anything about anyone and get them to prove otherwise. That would be guilty until proven innocent. Good for killing witches though.

This is not a trial; if it were, who is the prosecution and who is the defendant? No, it is supposed to be a conversation, albeit one where each side hopes to persuade the other of the merits of its viewpoint. There is no guilt or innocence involved here; thus my point was that AS does not have the sole right to demand sufficient evidence of anything anymore than I do.

There is compelling evidence for evolution. I offered an interpretation of that evidence that renders said evidence insufficient. I have conceded that neither position is provable, yet AS and you continue to demand "sufficient evidence" while exempting yourselves from the same standard. I don't care to continue to attempt to carry on a conversation in this manner.

I was really hoping I could just let this thread die...hopefully, it is over for me now.

TYG,

You are making the positive claim relating to the existence to your specific version of your specific God, so you have the burden of proof. If you want to play the "everything exists until proven otherwise" game, well, you have 10,000 other gods to disprove before you can claim yours in the One True God. This goes back to what I alluded to earlier with Ray and the use of a Null Hypothesis and why it's the negative that's presumed true until a hypothesis has sufficient evidence. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection's withstood 150 years of scrutiny, and is the corner stone of modern biology. The only people who don't see this are those with primitive religious view that prevent them from acknowledging the mountain of evidence supporting it. Additionally, the Modern Flat Earth Movement is 100% religious driven, primarily, if not exclusively Christian.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell