Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
I don't believe that you have to believe all of it to be a Christian, but once you start picking and choosing you are on a slippery slope.
To you...what is the difference between you saying “I don’t believe that you have to believe all of it to be a Christian”, and you saying “but once you start picking and choosing you are on a slippery slope”...?

If you don’t believe that you have to believe all of it to be a Christian, then isn’t that being on the slippery slope of picking and choosing that you referred to...?

It would be, if I didn't believe it all. (Just because I believe it all doesn't mean I understand it all). I'm simply saying that if you believe, for instance, in evolution, I am not going to challenge you if you claim to be a Christian. Some parts of the slope are steeper than others, and not all parts are as slippery as the others. Who Jesus is, what He did, and why He did it are what is paramount, as best as I can understand things.

My very first post on this thread contained words to the effect that it is unfortunate that so many people allow evolution to stand between themselves and Jesus.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.