Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antlers
...isn't at least someone wrong with their faith?
I believe so, but if no one is being harmed, it’s not my place to point that out...and if no one is being harmed, it’s not ‘your’ place to point that out either.....
So you have no problem if you've picked the wrong faith and will burn in hell as a result?
lol

‘You’ seem to have a lot more of a problem with it than I do.

still lol

It's not about me. How come you can't answer such a simple question? What makes you think you've chosen the correct faith, or is just because you know deep in your gut?

mauserand9mm,

Legit question, here is some explanation and some testimony:

First a related point…. Yes, I believe that the Christian…. Jesus following religion… is the only true religion. Obviously, all religions can’t be true as there are huge mutually exclusive teachings amongst the world’s religions. Christianity is unique in that it’s namesake rose from the dead…..Also unique in that there are no other world religions that do not teach some sort of ‘works’ doctrine.

But, back to your question… “What makes you think you’ve chosen the correct faith, or is it just because you know deep in your gut?”

Let’s ignore the “chosen” aspect for now….

So, “Why indeed….”

Here is Jesus speaking…. John 14:19…..”Before long, the world will not see me anymore, (crucifixion) but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.”

In a nutshell…. Jesus is living within me. Same for the Holy Spirit. This is not some feeling “…. deep in your gut.” It is a heavy mind crashing, indescribable loving reality. When god speaks within, there is no doubt about who is doing the speaking and no doubt about that reality. As Jesus says…. “…. you will realize…..I am in you.”

Many who have posted on this topic will say they do not have that experience. I believe that. Jesus visits with the honest seeker.
The objections that are raised by many posters here seem to be mind soothing excuses not to address the fundamental issue….. Jesus and You.

Now, from my own experience….. I prayed the “sinners prayer” …. actually many times while sitting in that pew….. but I did not have what some folks describe as the “overwhelming filled with the Spirit, bathed in love, freedom from sin experience.” I wish I had, but I did not.

Over a period of months, I struggled with that…. then I decided that well, I asked Him to forgive and I will act like He did indeed do that, whether I felt the glow or not….. it was not long after that that God spoke to me… actually called me by name. Now, THAT was an experience!

So, no, knowing that Jesus is real is not some deep in the gut feeling. It is far far greater than that.

Last edited by TF49; 07/13/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”