Either the Bible is accurate or it's not. If it's 99% accurate it leaves man to decide for himself what 1% is not from God. So 1% of 100% gives every man 100 chances to decide where the Bible is wrong.

But if we use the true Textus Receptus to translate from Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic into English (as was done by the comity under the orders of King James) we do not find contradictions.

You can't use Science to prove Jesus was the Son of God, and the Scriptures themselves will tell you that. It must be a matter of faith. But the history and the science of scripture is easy to examine and it's withstood the test of millions of challenges over many many years.

I no longer waist time arguing with anyone who have made up their mind before they hear the argument on both sides. Again the scriptures tell you to do that. Many (if not most) people who argue against the Bible have never read it let along studied it. They were taught a line by someone they want to believe, and put their faith in their education (so called). If they have already made up their mind and are closed to any other information it's best to allow them to go on with their lives and let God Himself tell them ----------at the time of His choosing.

But to address the "Day=Age theory" of Bible reading I would point out that God made the plants and trees on day 3.

Day 1 he made the heavens and the Earth calling it THE first day in Gen 1:5.
On day 2 God made the firmament which we'd call the atmosphere today (the Birds fly in the open firmament) and called it THE 2nd day in Gen 1:8
On day 3 God made the continents and caused plant life to grow and cover the face of the dry ground Gen- 1 :11 12 and 13. Calling it THE 3rd day!
On day 4 God made the Sun and the moon.

OK stop............
#1 Why would God make the sun after he made light. Later in scripture in a few places God is said to produce light and make light in Himself, so there would be light before God made the sun and stars, but would it not seem logical to make the sun before the earth? I believe God did it that way and recorded it that way for only 1 reason. To have a record that He was "the light' even before he gave us a star (the sun) to light the planet earth and also to destroy the day-age theory that would come a few thousand years later for any believe in the Holy Scriptures. All plants need light and God made light on THE 1st day. But if the Sun is also source of light, and the days are "ages", the plants and trees would have to live for a long period of time without any sunlight , weather it's 100 years, 1000 years, 10,000 years 10,000,000 and any other length of time.

So we come to the "1%" I spoke of first. Either the scripture is true or it's not. If any part is not, which part do we choose to be gods ourselves and say we know better?

NONE of the forgoing will have any positive effect on anyone who has chose to disbelieve the Holy Bible and that OK with me. I am writing only to other Believers in the Holy God and those that believe the Bible is truthful, accurate and trustworthy. Speaking for myself, I do!

Hebrew writing is clear and every rabbi will tell you the clear meaning of all the writing about days in Genesis are written to mean literal days as we know them today, of about 24 hours. God said he made plant life before the sun . Go read it yourself and see from the reliable Textus Receptus (not the Alexandrian texts which gave us the non-reliable translations of Scripture)
If you wish to believe the "Day-Age" theory you are forced to then say you are "intelligent and educated" past the level of the scriptures and you get to make the decision on what 1% (or more) of the Holy writings are inaccurate. If that is what you want to do that's between you and God, not you and I ----------or any other Christian.

But Genesis SAYS the plants and trees were made AFTER the sun moon and stars, so consider that in your beliefs as to the accuracy of the scriptures.

Last edited by szihn; 06/16/20.