Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by antlers
And none of the above, from you or I, negates the reality that “Some people worship the Bible, and some people worship Jesus. And often, the people who worship the Bible castigate the people who worship Jesus for not worshipping the Bible...!
Since you said "Some people..." in our first sentence, I guess there's no way to dispute that as being the reality. But when you say those few people "often castigate the people who worship Jesus for not worshiping the Bible", I have to think that you are mistaking their belief in the inerrancy of scripture for worship of the scripture. But you're the one who seems to run into these folks a lot, so who am I to say?
Either way, the Jesus I know isn’t bound by the covers of a book. And my belief in Him doesn’t require an inerrant Bible, nor does my belief in Him require a literal interpretation of the entire Bible.

If others choose to see it differently for themselves, then so be it.

My beliefs are not threatened by those who choose to believe that faith in Jesus requires an inerrant Bible, nor are my beliefs threatened by those who choose to believe that faith in Jesus requires a literal interpretation of the entire Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.