Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Peter also said Paul’s writings were inspired scripture in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

Except "Peter" didn't say that. 2nd Peter wasn't written by the same person as first. Modern Biblical Scholars accept both as pseudepigraphical, i.e. later forgeries.

All need to do their own study and come to their own conclusions. Those who blindly take others opinions as “the gospel” will likely never to have developed their own understanding of the subject at hand. Gotta do your own homework or you will only be as smart as what some other fella told you. Not good enough for me and should not be good enough for anyone else.

In the Jewish writings of the day, apparently there was a phrase....”...a man’s agent is as himself....”

Consider this.... a honcho is in the States and needs to communicate something to workforce in a foreign land. He phones and communicates the information to an on-site manager, who writes it down and then sends out a memo in behalf of the honcho..... but in three different languages..... with at least two interpreters involved. So the question is this: Is the honcho the author of the memo?

Another example, perhaps a prisoner has been beaten and his hand is crippled so he cannot write a letter. So, he calls a scribe and tells him what he wants to say. The scribe writes it down. So, who is the author of the letter? The prisoner or the scribe?

Edit to add: Once I was in the main church square in Lima, Peru. There were literally dozens of typists there, set up with their stands, typewriters and paper. People would go the them and dictate letters.... both personal and business letters.... the guy would listen, type....listen, type some more.... you get the idea. Now some of these folks simply did not have typewriter or means to create a letter. Some did not know how to read or write, but wanted a letter written so:they could communicate.

Last edited by TF49; 07/12/20. Reason: Left out a word

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”