Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antlers
Well, if I had an opportunity to ‘see’ the risen Jesus ‘before’ I passed on...I’d be SO there. And I’m certain that ‘anyone’ who comes to him will ‘not’ be turned away.
Jesus says, "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord,...And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me...'"
The whole passage from Matthew 7:21-23 wasn’t posted. But Jesus was addressing the ‘religious’ people in the crowd, those who assumed that they had a golden ticket into Heaven because they gave lip service to God, those who thought their works (especially in front of other’s) would get em’ in. Those who boasted about their holiness, and their works, and called attention to it. There’s no exclusivity to any of this. Following Jesus is open and available to ALL. Some modern day Pharisees would have you think differently though. When Jesus said “I will NEVER, no never, reject one of them who comes to Me”, I’m convinced that He meant it. When Jesus said “Come to me, ALL who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”, I’m convinced that He meant it. Some self-professed ‘Christians’ would have you think otherwise though.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.