Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by erikj
Wow! My mind of preacher, lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Denied being a U.S. Citizen to evade taxes. Kids, don't try this at home.

Yea, that's Doc's hero.

I love the double wide trailer "University":

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

On July 11, 2006, Hovind was indicted on 58 counts in the District Court in Northern Florida in Pensacola. The first 12 counts were charges for willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over federal income taxes and FICA taxes in connection with the CSE operation, totaling $473,818 for the 12 fiscal quarters of 2001–2003. The next 45 counts were charges for knowingly structuring transactions by making multiple cash withdrawals totaling $430,500 in amounts just under the $10,000 which requires reporting (a technique known as "Structuring"), for which his wife was also charged. The last count was a charge of corruptly endeavoring to obstruct and impede the administration of the internal revenue laws by falsely listing the IRS as his only creditor when filing for bankruptcy, filing a false and frivolous lawsuit against the IRS in which he demanded damages for criminal trespass, making threats of harm to those investigating him and to those who might consider cooperating with the investigation, filing a false complaint against IRS agents investigating him, filing a false criminal complaint against IRS special agents (criminal investigators), and destroying records.[135][136][137]

...At arraignment, Hovind claimed incomprehension to the charges, telling the court: "I still don't understand what I'm being charged for and who is charging me."[136] The presiding magistrate judge asked Hovind if he wrote and spoke English, to which Hovind responded, "To some degree."

...the jury deliberated three hours before finding the Hovinds guilty on all counts, 58 for Hovind and 45 for his wife

On January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to ten years in prison with three years probation and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of over $600,000. During the sentencing phase, a tearful Hovind, hoping to avoid prison, told the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."[147] However, Hovind's court room behavior was in stark contrast to phone calls he made while in jail and played by the prosecution.[148] The tapes, posted online by the Pensacola News Journal, included one conversation with Hovind and Eric Hovind, who were planning to hide a motor vehicle title and property deeds to prevent the government from collecting the property to pay for owed debt.[149] At sentencing, he denied being a "tax protester",[148] but the prosecution,[116] an IRS spokesman,[148] and the Pensacola News Journal[140][150] used the term to describe him.

On June 29, 2007, Jo Hovind was sentenced to one year of imprisonment, three years of supervision upon release and fined $8,000.[144] In court, Jo Hovind offered explanations for the 45 checks just under $10,000 and for checks cashed before and after the reporting deadline, telling the judge "I really did not have a leadership role in CSE" and finished "I would never knowingly do anything illegal." The judge said that while Hovind was the principal authority at CSE, Jo managed the payroll; she had cashed roughly 200 checks totaling $1.5 million over a four-year period, relying on cash to avoid IRS scrutiny.[150] The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit denied both appeals on December 30, 2008,[146] and the U.S. Supreme Court denied certiorari on November 2, 2009.[151]

Wow! Jaguartx follows this guy? He's even more of a doofus than I thought. There are plenty of decent and honest preachers to follow.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.