Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
It's not "highly disputed".

Yes it is. It is not a proven theory and debating the use of adverbs only suggests that you can’t contend with a fact you refuse to accept. That’s not a very scientific approach. I‘m sure this will invoke an elaborate response that provides more of the same. Perhaps some more deflection and insults will make it less of a fact?

Did you ever get that GED like Ringman?

LOL. Wow. We didn’t even have to wait for a response to get the insult.

Do you really thing atheist are not familiar with the wide range of Christian claims regarding what may or may not be necessary for admittance into heaven?

I understand this is rhetorical (albeit irrelevant to proving we came from apes), but I’ll oblige by answering......”no”?

For how many centuries have Christians been debating Faith vs. works, or the new de'jour that Faith leads to works?

Good question. What are we discussing again?

Additionally, as I've previously explained, atheism addresses a single question, do you accept any theistic claims, or not. That's it. Being atheist does not require the acceptance of Humanism. Atheist are free to accept any philosophical and moral system they chose so long as it does not theistic, because then they would no longer be a-theistic.

A lot of big words for my tiny brain. I accept that you believe that philosophy, but philosophy isn’t any closer to science than religion. You sure do go a long way to avoid admitting you can’t prove we came from apes. While you seem unable to simply say “There is no proven theory, but I believe it so,” I honestly (without sarcasm) do admire your commitment to debate.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates