Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

There are many things in the Universe beyond our control. Here's a simple example:
A single gamma ray burst too close to the earth and we are DONE, and there's nothing all of humanity could do about it.

They could pray to their god(s) to prevent such a catastrophe in the first place . . . crazy

Originally Posted by johnn
Why would a loving god condemn a man of low intelligence because he didnt have faith?

Because modern Christianity is about control and power.

Note to johnn:

Faith is not a matter intellect, but a matter of “the heart.” One does not have to be “intelligent” to develop a relationship with Jesus. I personally know some very fine Christian men that would not be thought of as “intelligent.” They are however, thought to be “wise.”

Further, I have heard some say that a man who thinks himself to be “smart” is at a disadvantage when it come to salvation as his pride and ego get in the way. Maybe one would rather be dumb and humble than smart and prideful.

Quite a few teachings on this in the Bible.

Btw.... one does not have to understand how the earth was formed, created or what it is destined for to be saved. It’s a heart matter.... honest seeking, repentant, placing oneself before Jesus.... and asking.

See justified tax collector or thief on the cross.

Very well said, I do know of which you speak..... However I have had a hard time associating that I have rudimentary explored.... My personal experience with the bible is fraught with frustration trying to interpret, so therefore I distrust it what was written.... And I do not trust most organized religion. Some much wrong has been committed under the guise of religion that it is suspect. Self exam is my path.... And I need correction frequently..... there is something more than just the nerve endings in our asses that we seek to satisfy. As humans are a greedy selfish lot. And anyone that buys into a guaranteed afterlife is kidding themselves and a fakir. Is the promise of a afterlife the only thing that establishes one morals....?

I see some of the “hard time” issues. Frustrating and disappointing to be sure.

But, it does seem like you are working it out.

Maybe, as a suggestion, just forget others and the past ...... and just ponder about you and God. Just you two. Forget the rest of the world for awhile. I try to set aside some time each day..... sometimes I just think about myself, sometimes I ask God questions....Often I pray, for myself and for others...... sometimes I read the Bible....

sometimes I just sit and listen, let my thoughts drift.

All the best,

TF

Last edited by TF49; 06/17/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”