Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter

yet.....
Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.
Matt 10:34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "

And, no, salvation was not garnered by keeping the 10 Commandments in the OT. OT saints and NT saints are each saved by faith, so the method of salvation did not change.

God is not merely a God of Justice/Judgement in the OT and a God of Grace/Mercy in the NT. The Justice/Judgement and grace/mercy of God are demonstrated in the OT and NT. I can give you numerous examples of grace in the OT and Judgement in the NT.

God has not changed, but if you don't want to take my word for it, take His.....
Malachi 3:6 “For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

Sure there are verses that speak of love and verses that describe Yahweh as a god of war, but there is a marked shift in the new testament toward love, tolerance and 'love your enemies' which is not the tone of the OT.

God is love. - 1 John 4:8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.'' - 1 Corinthians 13;

As opposed to;

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6)

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? "
(Lamentations 3:38)

''The Lord is a man of war'' - Exodus 15:3.

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea roar; He shall prevail against His enemies." - Isaiah 42:13