Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Starman
You can test the most devout christians faith
by asking them if they reach for Glock or begin
by praying to a God if they have a home invasion.

or give them choice of foxhole or concrete bunker
when it's raining proximity fuse artillery.

Heart attack - medical science paramedics..or just
call for much needed prayers from your church friends
cause it will fix everything...

Lots of dead church people, but how many actually faithfully living through Christ.
Talk and just keeping empty appearances is cheap.

People telling themselves they know they have made
the cut into a heaven.... hilarious.

I know there are lawyers who have never tried a case in a court of law in their entire. They make a living "Mitigating". If a lawyer does have to try a case in a court of law and question witnesses, does the witness still have to swear to "I swear by Almighty God [to tell] the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If so, how does a person questioning and a person answering in such a procedure place any credibility in the process if they hold nothing but contempt for the very oath that must be sworn in order to give or receive testimony in court. Have you ever objected to the Judge that you have no believe or hold no faith at all to the oath that must be sworn to testify, or are you yourself a hypocrite and just "play along"? I admit I have never been sworn to testify and do not personally know how everything is done in every court of law, just asking your great intellectual input into such matters.

How old and out of touch are you?

No! You do not have to swear to any divine power when sworn in in an American Court.

I'm old enough to at least Google it before I posted it. This is what I found when I searched the web in numerous sites . By the way, how old are you? You seem to think a lot of your own opinion in most matters. I'm just asking questions.

"United States
Oath:

Do you solemnly (swear/affirm) that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, (so help you God/under pains and penalties of perjury)?
"Swear" may be replaced with "affirm", and either "so help you God" or "under pains and penalties of perjury" may be used; all oaths and affirmations are considered to be equivalent before the law.[14] These modifications to the oath were originally introduced in order to accommodate those who feel uncomfortable swearing religious oaths, such as Quakers, as well as to accommodate the irreligious.[15] In United States v. Ward, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that certain other modifications of the oath were acceptable so long as they demonstrated "a moral or ethical sense of right and wrong".[16]

Oath (California):

You do solemnly state that the testimony you may give in the case now pending before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"