Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
AS,

Well, you declined to explain why you accused me of being dishonest.

You simply do a cut and paste of some Bart Ehrman yada yada and somehow think you’ve justified your comment.

Not so.....

This reminds me of how strongly you stood behind Magic Larry Krause when he came out with his book about how science could show how the universe “came from nothing.” Stephen Colbert embarrassed him and Krause finally admitted that you had to start with “something.” His comments about “not needing a God to explain the universe” proved to be just more baloney ginned up to boost books sales. He further discredited himself when ASU canned him for his sexual improprieties and relationship with Epstein.

So why am I bringing this up? You hailed Magic Larry and he turned out to be just a huckster.

The same is true of Bart Ehrman..... he’s a book salesman and found his audience. He cares little for the truth but he has found itching ears to scratch.

Read “Misquoting Truth: A Guide to the Fallacies of Bart Ehrman’s ‘Misquoting Jesus’”

Again you're being dishonest. Never "finally admitted that you had to start with “something.”", In his book (which I'm sure you've never read) he's very up front about how he defines "nothing" as he is in his video presentations.

Besides even if Krause's hypothesis is not true, it doesn't not prove your god, you are creating a false dichotomy, even if this one falls, you still have all your work before you to meet your burden of proof for your theistic claims.

Not so, you are again mistaken. Krauss did in fact admit it right there on the Colbert video. See it for yourself. As I recall, Colbert closed the interview by saying ..... in response to his admission that you had to start with a box of ‘something’ ........”.... and that is not nothing!”

Further, I did indeed buy the book and did indeed read it. It was clear that the title of the book was simply a come on and gave the wrong impression about a “universe” from nothing. He also did indeed say that science has now shown “God” is not necessary to explain how the universe came into existence.

I have never said nor implied that refuting Magic Larry proves there is a god. You just made that up. This is simply more bob and weave from you. I suspect you brought that up to deflect from your errors and misrepresentations.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”