Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
In other threads, I have said why I have chosen my specific God. To reiterate it now will just prolong the agony of this so-called conversation; anyway, it did not satisfy you then and it won't now.

But there you go again, demanding that I only must meet a burden of proof. You are also making a positive claim, about evolution, so you still have a burden of truth as much as I do. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection has been scrutinized for 150 years, true, but that doesn't mean it has withstood all scrutiny. Here I am, neither a biblical scholar or a scientist, and I came up with an idea that renders it inconclusive, and all you can do is blather on about a "trickster god." And talk about moving the goal posts, introducing the Flat earth Movement into this is typical of your disingenuousness.

Now your counter is likely to be that my interpretation requires a God you do not accept as being real, you gotta prove it, blah, blah, blah. And back and forth we go, over and over and over again. I'm out.

Well, DUH!!

You are claiming your God created the Universe Young to appear old. The time to believe that is when there's sufficient evidence for it. Just because you have an idea that's unsupported by evidence, that does not wipe away all the existing evidence for evolution. You presented an alternative idea. The Null Hypothesis is that the Universe was not created young to appear old by your God. If you wish to over come the Null, then by all means, present away!!!!

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/24/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell