Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by smokepole
Ringman, the ocean is not a closed system and there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater. Both physical and biological processes The salt in your shaker was formerly dissolved in the ocean, and precipitated in shallow seas to form salt beds, some of which are hundreds and thousands of feet thick. Like the salt beds used to store radioactive waste at the WIPP site. Or the salt beds that formed salt domes beneath Louisiana and Texas. Same with the gypsum in your sheetrock, formerly calcium sulfate dissolved in seawater that precipitated in shallow seas. And all the limestone previously mentioned, as well as limestone all over the world came from dissolved ions in seawater, either fixed by shelled organisms or sometimes precipitated in shallow seas.

In other words, the sea is not a closed system where the ions from dissolved rocks just accumulate. There are many processes that remove the ions from solution. These materials accumulate in sediments, are lithified into rock formations thousands of feet thick, and are eroded and recycled.

And like I said before, if this has to be explained to you, you have no business taking about "chemicals in the ocean."

Here's the problem with your " there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater". The chemicals are not in equilibrium. They are still increasing. Why is that?

It really is true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Once again ringman, which chemicals are you talking about, how are they being measured, and where are they being measured. And please cite your sources. For once.

You discovered you lost so you try to discredit me.

I remember from other posts you want the last word. Therefore I will give you the opportunity.

Ringman, that's hilarious. All I did was ask you for specifics to support your contention. If you don't have them, man up and admit it.

And answer this one--is there anything anyone could post here that would change your mind about the history of the earth?

A wise man is frequently humbled.