Originally Posted by antlers
We DO know that the earth is billions of years old. Radioactive decay and half-lives are FACTS. They can be proven over and over again. Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion are FACTS. Uranium-lead and potassium-argon dating methods are FACTS. The logic of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’...or rather the lack of it...on this matter is like them saying ‘there is no proof’ that linear accelerators work in treating cancer. Or that ‘there is no proof’ that controlled nuclear fission can produce usable energy, etc. Science makes their lives better and easier, every single day. From the clean water that they routinely have piped into their home, to the safe and plentiful food that they routinely consume, to the reliable transportation that they routinely depend on, etc.. ALL of it is due to science. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they give Sunday school answers and explanations and rebuttals to real world questions and discussions. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they demand things are a certain way, even though we have FACTUAL evidence otherwise. I see no problem with believing in God...and in particular trying to follow Jesus’ teachings...while at the same time understanding FACTS and TRUTHS regarding the world in which we live. In my opinion, these people clearly have a problem doing that.

You take the "FACTS" by faith. If radiometric dating was valid a scientist would get the same date for a rock when broken in several pieces and sent to different labs. That is not the case. If radiometric dating was valid a scientist would get the correct age for a rock from Mt. St. Hellens as being too young to measure. But the rocks date all over the place. Explain that. While you're at it tell us why the rocks of known age from Hawaiian volcanoes never match their ages.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter