Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

So your god is a trickster god?

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster. But he does give every man a choice as to what to believe and do, starting in the Garden of Eden. Without choice there can be no faith and if there is one thing that the Bible makes clear, it's that God wants us to have faith in Him; and more importantly to have faith in Jesus. Absolute proof requires no faith at all; neither does coercion for that matter. So evidence of evolution is certainly out there, but it is far from conclusive and that again is, I think, by design. It's your choice to make. I've made mine. I am no bible scholar, but these are the conclusions I have come to after much consideration.

I'm out until tomorrow. Have good evening, gents.

I see no good evidence to believe in the existence of the god you claim, nor do I worship it. If you wish to claim he's my god as well, first you need to present sufficient evidence for his existence.

Additionally, of course your portrail of your alleged god is that of a trickster, one who makes the world appear billions of years old, when you claim it's only a few thousand for the sole purpose of tricking people into not believing he's real so he can send them to Hell where they will burn forever, and infinite punishment for the finite crime of following evidence to it's logical conclusion.

Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, which goes back to what I have been saying from the beginning: There is never going to be sufficient evidence (i.e. proof) one way or another. My statement reflected my belief that He is God of all humanity. I freely admit that I can't prove my belief, but you in your intellectual arrogance cannot admit that you can't prove anything you believe either. But you sure as heck can demand that other folks prove stuff to you.

Secondly, I did not portray God as a trickster, that is merely how you characterized him. I only offered an alternative interpretation of the evidence that you see in only one way. It is the only way I can see to reconcile the evidence that science has produced with the documentary evidence in the Bible as a whole. If there is another way to reconcile the two, I'm all ears.

Third, I did not claim God did anything for the sole purpose of tricking people so he can send them to Hell. This is a blatant lie.

It is impossible to have a discussion with someone who constantly misrepresents what the other person says. I knew this going in, don't know why I bothered to try (again) with you.

I do appreciate your response on the thread about pocket handgun carry, however.

I did not state "your god is fictitious". Read my post again, but this time, do so carefully.

AS, the reason I asked is because I thought you had said you were an atheist, but I may be incorrect on that.

May I ask if you think, referring to your above threads, think our GOD is fictitious? I'm just not understanding some of your, seemingly to me, tricky posts above.

Jax,

I've been very clear about my position over several years and dozens of these threads. An Atheist is someone who doesn't accept any theistic claims, because non-have met their burden of proof. That is different from, what in modern parlance is called an anti-theist who actively asserts "There are no gods". It's the difference between saying a defendant is "not guilty" and "innocent". Just because the prosecution presented insufficient evidence for a guilty verdict, it doesn't mean the person is also "innocent".

There are certain definitions of certain gods that I will say do not exist. This is pretty straight forward when god definitions are contradictory, or nonsensical. On of the challenges with the Christian god, is there is no single definition of what constitutes "The Christian God". Heck Christian's can't agree on the basics, works vs. faith, and as evidenced in this thread if it even requires a belief in a young earth, or literalalist interpertation of the Bible, of if the Christian God is "beyond the covers of any book". As a result, it makes it very difficult to take an anti-theist position when you don't even know the bounds of what you are arguing against. As I've mentioned, and demonstrated in previous threads, Christians are famous for "moving the goal posts" and redefining their god when the definition is use is conclusively disproven.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell