Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by DBT
Hitler was a Catholic. Ivan the terrible spent his mornings in the Chapel and his afternoons dismembering and flaying victims in his dungeon.

Neither the title of “Catholic”, the attendance of chapel, or the broad stroke term “religion” is what Christianity is about. I understand the point you’re attempting to make, but it just muddies the waters. They are irrelevant with our country’s shift to secularism and the fact that the timeframe in which it becomes more pronounced is the same exact timeframe we increasingly become what is often described as a Godless society. The characteristics I described in my last post could be sheer coincidence and I can’t provide the missing link, but, apparently, missing links are of little value to the highly educated. If we can “just believe” one exists between ape and man, can we just believe one exists between Godlessness and a deteriorating society.....or is a PhD required to qualify our leaps of faith?

Religion is defined by belief. If someone believes in the existence of a God or gods, they are by definition a theist. That someone believes in a different version of God does not make them any less a theist.