Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Chucky,

So you asked the question, and you were not really interested in the answer.

Good to know.

You probably won't listen but for those who care to, there's a more nuanced difference between proof and evidence.

"Proof", is sufficient evidence or a sufficient argument to establish the truth of a proposition

Where evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. Evidence can be of different qualities, and depending on the nature you of the question you may have different burdens of proof. Poor evidence may not meet a high burden of proof, so as is often the case with English, words with similar usages are often not really the same.

Of course the overall question in this thread revolves around the existence of a god(s), which is an extraordinary claim, so, in order to meet it's burden of proof the claimant would need to provide extraordinary evidence. I have yet to see anyone present good evidence, let a lone extraordinary evidence for any theistic claims.

Antolopy,

I've got to be honest, after about the third paragraph I lost interest. One could hash each others definitions out to death if you chose to. Everyone chooses to copy and paste the one that more closely entaintains their own argument, myself included. In your own words, "I have yet to see anyone present good evidence, let a lone extraordinary evidence" of your greater presence than man you mentioned earlier either.