I believe that the rejection of basic Christian principles by more and more people is the root of a lot of our problems. 48% of millenials, in a recent poll, answered "none" when asked what their religion was. And Protestant denominations are losing members like crazy. Without a grounding in religion, any morals are simply relative--whatever feels good.

That said, taking the Bible absolutely literally is a mistake, IMHO. The four gospels were not even written down for decades after Jesus. And they were picked from among many other Gospels, with different narratives in part, by a group of ignorant (by our standards) priests selected by a booodthirsty emperor (Constantine) 300 years later.

I do not believe in talking snakes, breeding striped goats by making them watch striped sticks while copulating, and lots of other things. I suspect that some of Jesus's doings were inserted or exaggerated in the hundreds of years after his death.

But...arguing faith vs. science is a waste of time. "Never the twain shall meet." Each seeks truth in a different way.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.