Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antlers
If that’s the way you see it, so be it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That's also the way Kent Hovind, the subject of the OP sees it, along with millions of other Christians. He has a whole talk on how you have to believe in a literal interpretation of the OT, because without the OT, there is no NT, no NT, no Jesus, and no trip past the Pearly Gates.
I’m in disagreement with anyone (Kent Hovind, you, other followers of Jesus, etc.) who thinks the Bible is the foundation of the Christian faith.
Some people worship a book, others attack the faith of Christianity by attacking that book, and others try to follow Jesus’ teachings and worship Him.

Of course you do. You might be a Christian, but I see no indications you are one of the radical nutty fundamentalist Christians. There's over 30,000 flavors of Christianity, and they are not all equal. But for some who are, scientific realities such as and old Earth, Evolution, and in some cases, even a round earth are a threat to their faith and the conditions they believe necessary for an eternal afterlife in paradise.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell