Starman,

I recall a teaching given many years ago. The discussion centered on folks, kinda like yourself....who are seemingly anti-Jesus .... “to the max” You know you show up on every “Christian” theme discussion and you do your best to deny, cast doubt and generally denigrate Jesus and his followers. You are clearly highly motivated in your endeavors.

Anyway, this teacher was of the opinion that likely there were two possible motivations..... the first was that a person had been so resistant to the idea of sin, repentance, seeking forgiveness..... for so long, that the Holy Spirit simply did not visit any more and the individual knew .... that somehow, God had left him and so did his best to convince himself that not only was there no God. But, if there was, it was most certainly not any “Jesus”:involved. The Bible refers to this condition as having a “reprobate mind.” God left and the individual knows it.

The second case is similar but yet different. The Holy Spirit is indeed dealing with you, perhaps every day. The Spirit is stirring you up and spurring you on to get to a point of acknowledgement or surrender.... to a point where the rebellious one finally exhausts himself and turns to:the Lord,

Anyway, it was an interesting teaching and I do not know if it has any application to you. This is your struggle. The outcome has yet to be decided.

I will follow up with a story about a guy I worked with.... a number of years ago. You remind me of him.

Edit to add: A God botherer? Well put me out of your misery and set me on ignore!

Last edited by TF49; 07/10/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”