Originally Posted by antlers
Savage_Hunter,

Hope your health issues are much better. Do you believe that followers of Jesus are still ‘under the law’...?

thanks, but I am still not well. I go back to MD (from the 2nd surgery) in 9 days and hopefully get some good news. I've had 3 consecutive weeks of ER visits after the 2nd surgery.
I missed 3 weeks in the pulpit and am likely to miss 12 weeks from my secular job. I've been able to preach the past 2 Sundays.

I'm going to assume you mean the 10 Commandments and not the Jewish covenant laws. We are definitely not under the Jewish covenant law.

As to the 10 Commandments, The answer is "yes and no".

The OT 10 Commandments are written as the "letter of the Law" and the motivation for keeping them is from obedience to escape punishment and "because God said so".

Christians are under the 2 Great Commandments given by Jesus. These 2 commandments sum up the 10 Laws into 2 Laws. And, a couple of things to point out....
(1) the motivation for keeping the law changes to love for Jesus Christ instead of just stark obedience to escape punishment.
(2) If a NT believer breaks the 10 commandments, he has sinned, so, yes, the 10 Commandments are still relevant in the Age of Grace.
(3) The 2 Commandments of Jesus hold us to a higher standard than the 10 Commandments actually do.

I preached a sermon a good maybe a year or so ago called "Is the Law Relevant in the Age of Grace". I could post it to you in a PM if you like.