Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Until we finally got a good look and found out otherwise;most were pretty sure that Heaven was just up there on top of the clouds. Just as they thought Hell was deep in the Earth.

“The Bible is clear — Hell is inside the earth! Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."”

As per usual, you share what you think and why. This is to your credit. I appreciate that.

Anyway, there has been a bit of past discussion in these threads about the the Big Bang, origins of the universe and what not. There has been mention of the concepts regarding “multiverses.” The simplistic explanation that these exist in parallel with ours and may have or even likely have “different physics.” This has always seemed possible to.... at least in my opinion.

The Bible and Jesus both refer to,what I would call the “spirit” world. The abode of God before the creation of,this world.

Clearly the physics of the spirit world is not like our world.

Satan, a spirit being, was “cast down” ..... seemingly to earth. He is referred to as the “prince” of this world.

I can see that yes, there is Hades, Gehenna.... what have you, in the spirit world .....and it may indeed be in the earth.

I have found that when trying to understand the Bible, I see what appears to be contradictions or different teachings on what appears to the the same subject. When faced with this issue, I often start by wondering how “both can be true?”

Hell in the earth? Yep, could be. More questions than answers sometimes.

Another example is Jesus’ teaching on the law. It seems not square with other NT writings regarding the law.

But, Jesus’ teachings on the “law” were .... before.... the Crucifiction.... note that His sacrifice changed how believers, members of the Body of Christ.... are seen....how they are free from the law, based on the blood.

Last edited by TF49; 06/20/20. Reason: Spel air

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”