I think the parts that are allegorical, have ALWAYS been allegorical. Men chose to interpret it literally. Jesus used parables over 2000 years ago, and they were clearly allegorical THEN.

Who gives a flip how many different denominations there are...? Despite the insignificant theological differences between them, there are a few central tenets that all followers typically hold together...regardless of their particular church or denomination or culture or geographical location. Followers typically believe in God (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and they typically believe that all humans are sinful and in need of grace, and that only Jesus makes it possible for people to have a relationship with God through His death and resurrection. Followers also typically believe that the Bible is a way that God reveals who He is, how they can have a relationship with Him, and how they can extend God’s love to other people. Other beliefs and practices are often the cause of disagreements...and they are secondary.

There are essential beliefs (such as those that I mentioned earlier), and there are non-essential beliefs. Individuals do have liberty in non-essential beliefs. Believers do have the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues that are not clearly presented in Scripture.
“...without passing judgment on disputable matters… Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master servants stand or fall… So then each of us will give an account of ourselves to God… So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” - Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22

When you get right down to it, every individual is a denomination unto themselves.

I have zero issues...zero contradictions...between science and Christian theology.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.