Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
So your god is a trickster god?

No. He is a father, who loves his children. Much like we are. Do we teach out children calculus when they’re 2 years old? Do we explain the elemental charts at 4? No, because they’re not ready.

Do we thwart their desire to explore by fetching all they may be interested in and place it in their immediate grasp? No.

Do we capitulate to our children when they demand they’re correct? When they think you don’t understand? How about when they have their teenage delusions? No.

Despite all of the knowledge and experience you’ve gained, have you passed it all on to them so they are at your current stage when they’re 18? No.

He is a father and although he is perfect, he didn’t create us as such. Why? I don’t know. I don’t claim to know.

Now, can you produce the missing link between ape and man?

Are you too dense to understand the concept of a common ancestor?

Do you intentionally mislead your children about the nature of the world? If you claim your god made the universe young but made it to look old by putting dinosaur bones in the ground, misleading radiometric readings, and light that appears to have traveled 13 billion years in a 4k year old Universe that's exactly what he'd doing. Not telling your children everything is not the same as lying to them, or intentionally misleading them so you can torture them FOREVER.

Speaking of which, have you built a torture chamber in your basement and do you use it to torture your children when they misbehave? When's the last time you tricked your children into misbehaving so you could take them down stairs and burn them?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell