Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
[quote=Hastings]Paul claimed his inspiration and revelation were from Jesus. I don’t believe there are any other writers of the Bible claiming that type of authority.
Paul wrote: But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:11-12
Peter also said Paul’s writings were inspired scripture in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

So Paul is either a true apostle or a false apostle—no middle ground. And the Bible is either all true or all false.

A document can have both truth and falsity in it. And Paul does say a lot that is plausible and true along with his false claims. So does almost every court witness that takes the stand to commit perjury and sell a lie. If you can reconcile Paul and Jesus you may not be paying close enough attention. As to the ending of 2nd Peter we have no idea what Peter knew of Paul at the time he wrote or even if Peter wrote the last few verses. I respectfully disagree that the bible has to be all true or all false but I do agree that Paul is either a true apostle or a false apostle. In the case of Paul vs Jesus, I take Jesus. If you are blessed with decent reading comprehension dig into the subject and forget your long time investment in your previous beliefs. Hanging onto an investment only because you've owned it a long time is not a good strategy. I don't think the Creator would mind you checking up on the veracity of those who claim to speak for him. He probably would expect you to be careful. Jesus warned that many would come in his name. Thank you for your time. Dave

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."