Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
They evolved.

Like the island people have webbed toes, right?

Island people have never needed webbed toes for swimming.

Except for some of the people in the British Isles. Mostly south of Scotland.

I'm just wondering why if animals swam in the waters and wanted food on land, why they didnt grow feet and still keep some fins and gills for going swimming.

It seems to me it could have served them well when trying to get away from sabretoothed critters or even pterodactyls.

For that matter, I can see where birds wanted hands and arms, but why didnt they just grow them and keep their wings for flying, especially when they were young and lithe rather than old and fat.

I think I've seen pics of horses with wings. I guess that was the link between birds and horses. I wonder why they didnt use and lost their wings? They should have come in handy dodging sabetooths and prairie fires.

I guess it was just the smart birds which started trying to build nests with their wings which morphed into hands. I never see chickens trying to build chiett with their wings.

No, those dumb clucks sure missed out.

They could have built traps and bows and arrows and guns and - had chicken for dinner.

I hope you don't plan to see any patience for at least the rest of this week. crazy

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell